• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Off Duty Officer Shot with own Weapon

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Last edited:
B

bhancock

authorized

Interesting how the news articles all point out that he is authorized to carry his own personal weapon off duty as if this requires some special act, more propaganda.

I had a government employee from human services ask me yesterday if all my guns were properly registered and legal. I told her registrations and permits were not required for any of my firearms and informed her about a few other gun rights and laws that had changed recently regarding youth and firearms. She said it looked like I was more informed and knowledgeable than she was and at that point was satisfied that I was complying with some firearm rules regarding a license I hold for providing care in my home.

J.Gleason

Banned
Interesting how the news articles all point out that he is authorized to carry his own personal weapon off duty as if this requires some special act, more propaganda.

I had a government employee from human services ask me yesterday if all my guns were properly registered and legal. I told her registrations and permits were not required for any of my firearms and informed her about a few other gun rights and laws that had changed recently regarding youth and firearms. She said it looked like I was more informed and knowledgeable than she was and at that point was satisfied that I was complying with some firearm rules regarding a license I hold for providing care in my home.

Seems to me that he was not carrying the firearm as the shooter said he removed it from a shelf. There are no special acts required to store your hand gun. Off duty police officers are authorized to ccw under LEOSA.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
the police are covering this up, so the officer in question does not look like a complete moron, which he probably is. hmmm let's see. COP+BOOZE+Negligent discharge = FAIL. But yes, the police are the only ones that should be allowed to carry guns. LOL , Because they are the only ones that can safely handle them. LOL

J.Gleason

Banned
Under peculiar and particular conditions, right?

There are two types of state laws that are not overridden by the federal law, these being "the laws of any State that (1) permit private persons or entities to prohibit or restrict the possession of concealed firearms on their property; or (2) prohibit or restrict the possession of firearms on any State or local government property, installation, building, base, or park." This does not mean that LEOSA-qualified persons are prohibited from carrying concealed firearms in such areas, but only that they must obey whatever state laws apply on those two points. They are free to disregard all other state and local laws that govern the carrying of concealed firearms.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Last edited: