• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Advocate Arrested

tyguy808

I made it out!

Hey guys, I finally made it out of WCJ. I had to eat a felony to get out to my family.

I am not going to go into details, even though my case is now closed. The only thing I have to say is that we DID NOT go looking for trouble, it found us in the form of several people blocking the road. We have to pass the location of the incident to get home, which is NOT my ex's house as the Herald would have you believe.

I'm glad to be out and safe. Jail was horrible, and I plan to never go back. Thank you to those that were indeed supporting me. This will be my last entry on OCDO, however I can still be reached by email by those of you that have my email address. If you don't already have it I probably never met you, sorry I missed that chance.

Take care fellas (and ladies), see ya around..... MAYBE!

amlevin

Hey guys, I finally made it out of WCJ. I had to eat a felony to get out to my family.

I am not going to go into details, even though my case is now closed. The only thing I have to say is that we DID NOT go looking for trouble, it found us in the form of several people blocking the road. We have to pass the location of the incident to get home, which is NOT my ex's house as the Herald would have you believe.

I'm glad to be out and safe. Jail was horrible, and I plan to never go back. Thank you to those that were indeed supporting me. This will be my last entry on OCDO, however I can still be reached by email by those of you that have my email address. If you don't already have it I probably never met you, sorry I missed that chance.

Take care fellas (and ladies), see ya around..... MAYBE!

What was the charge you had to "eat", the First or Fourth Degree Assault? Something else?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Public Records

On 8/20/2010 the Whatcom Co jail records show:

202946VISSER, TYLER CHRISTOPHER15:49Booked by: BELLINGHAM POLICE DEPARTMCourtCharge DescriptionBailS37INV ASLT 1 ASLT 4$0.00

The Superior Court records show:

Superior Court Case Summary
spacer.gif

Court: Whatcom Co Superior
Case Number: 10-1-01066-4

Sub Docket Date Docket Code Docket DescriptionMisc Info1 08-23-2010ACKNWLDGMT OF ADVICE OF RIGHTS Acknwldgmt Of Advice Of Rights 2 08-23-2010ORD ON FIRST APPEARANCE OF DEFENDNT Ord On First Appearance Of Defendnt 3 08-23-2010ORDER FOR PRETRIAL RELEASE Order For Pretrial Release 9:30
$200,000 09-03-2010 4 08-23-2010ORDER OF RELEASE Order To Release 5 08-23-2010OR FOR PROTECT FROM CIVIL HARASSMEN Or For Protect From Civil Harassmen 6 08-23-2010PRELIMINARY APPEARANCE
COM0004 Preliminary Appearance
Commissioner Edwin Simmers 08-23-2010CD RECORD OF PROCEEDINGS Cd Record Of Proceedings 10­160 7 08-25-2010INFORMATION Information 8 08-25-2010AFFIDAVIT/DECLARATION PROB CAUSE Affidavit/declaration Prob Cause 9 08-25-2010ORD DETERMIN PROBABLE CAUSE
COM0007 Ord Determin Probable Cause
Commissioner Alfred L. Heydrich 10 08-25-2010DEMAND FOR State's Demand For Discovery 11 08-26-2010MOTION HEARING
JDG0003 Motion Hearing
Judge Charles R. Snyder, Dept. 3 08-26-2010COURT REPORTER NOTES
CTR0003 Court Reporter Notes
Court Reporter Rhonda Jensen 12 09-03-2010INITIAL ARRAIGNMENT
COM0005 Initial Arraignment
Commissioner Martha V Gross 09-03-2010COURT REPORTER NOTES
CTR00 Court Reporter Notes
Court Reporter Sullivan 13 09-03-2010ORDER SETTING TRIAL DATE Order Setting Trial Date
Fit For Trial 10-18-10 10-25-2010 COM0005Commissioner Martha V Gross 14 09-03-2010NO CONTACT ORDER
COM0005 No Contact Order
Commissioner Martha V Gross 15 09-09-2010NOT OF APPEAR AND REQ FOR DISCOVERY
ATD0001 Not Of Appear And Req For Discovery
Chalfie, Alan 16 10-14-2010STATE'S LIST OF WITNESSES State's List Of Witnesses 17 10-18-2010STATUS CONFERENCE / HEARING
JDG0003 Status Conference / Hearing
Judge Charles R. Snyder, Dept. 3 10-18-2010COURT REPORTER NOTES
CTR0003 Court Reporter Notes
Court Reporter Rhonda Jensen 18 10-18-2010NOTE FOR MOTION DOCKET
ACTION Note For Motion Docket 8:30
Plea/sentencing 10-21-2010 19 10-21-2010GUILTY PLEA AND SENTENCING HEARING
JDG0003 Guilty Plea And Sentencing Hearing
Judge Charles R. Snyder, Dept. 3 10-21-2010COURT REPORTER NOTES
CTR00 Court Reporter Notes
Court Reporter Sullivan 20 10-21-2010AMENDED INFORMATION 1st Amended Information 21 10-21-2010STATEMENT OF DEFENDANT,PLEA GUILTY Statement Of Defendant,plea Guilty 22 10-21-2010FELONY JUDGMENT AND SENTENCE
JDG0003 Felony Judgment And Sentence
Judge Charles R. Snyder, Dept. 3 10-21-2010PENALTY ASSESSED - CRIME VICTIMS Penalty Assessed - Crime Victims 500.00 23 10-22-2010STIPULATION Stipulated Order Setting Pymt
Terms COM0003Commissioner David M. Thorn 24 10-22-2010NOTICE Notification Of Dna Collection-wcj 25 10-28-2010NOTICE Notice Of Time Served - Wcj

Last edited:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
This still leaves more questions then answers, it is a choice to elaborate or not but for others to assume charges were not appropriate are short sighted.

Issue about "several people blocking the road" what is this all about? What would bring a group of people to block your path?

The statement of "I had to eat a felony to get out to my family." can mean a couple of different things, one do to the circumstances you feel you will not be able to successfully defend yourself in court (Alford Plea) and the other to plea for a lesser sentence to get out of jail.

What ever action was taken, the loss of ever owning firearms again is a hard one to swallow.

Batousaii

Too easy to become a criminal these days.

This is allot of why i believe that a person who commits a crime should "Do their time" and once that person is out, all rights are restored. If your good enough to be among the free society, then you should be free and have your rights. If your such a bad-a$$ that you need to be restricted, then you should be locked up or put to sleep. The legal system has made it way to easy to become a criminal via infractions etc and usually tries to keep someone a criminal via titles and restrictions (walking felon). This needs to be rolled back allot and returned a simple method of either "In Prison or Out and free". Real criminals should be locked away, those that did their time for a minor crime should be released to freedom after paying their dues to society. The reason we have one of the highest incarceration rates in the world is because we release them and re-capture them for breaking probations and restrictions, and because of how easy it is to simply become a criminal in the first place ... it is the easiest form of social control for the establishment to use.

Last edited:

joeroket

I don't necessarily agree with restoring rights with the justice system we have currently. It would have to be re-vamped totally and be tightened up. With that in mind how were the convicted criminals back in the late 1700's and 1800's treated? If they were not restricted after their time was done then it is apparent that the founding fathers really meant "shall not be infringed" when they wrote it.

The problem is thought that until at least 5 consitutionalist judges are appointed to the SCOTUS felons will never be allowed to own firearms again until a judge specifically allows it. I don't see any judge doing that when a firearm was used in the commission of the felony the person was found guilty of.

amlevin

This is allot of why i believe that a person who commits a crime should "Do their time" and once that person is out, all rights are restored. If your good enough to be among the free society, then you should be free and have your rights. ~~~~

I agree with the concept but here is some reality:

"Released prisoners with the highest rearrest rates were robbers (70.2%), burglars (74.0%), larcenists (74.6%), motor vehicle thieves (78.8%), those in prison for possessing or selling stolen property (77.4%), and those in prison for possessing, using, or selling illegal weapons (70.2%)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recidivism#Recidivism_rates

The overall rate is between 50% and 60%, depending on who is doing the analysis. Basically, every other prisoner released after his "term" is coming back. This rate can be higher for specific crimes as noted above.

Like it or not, I doubt that society is going to allow "rearmament" of felons when over half have demonstrated that they can't play well with others. As for your alternative for the "hard core", I also doubt that we'll ever see that. Those that have tried that in their societies have joined a select club. Notable members are people like Pol Pot, Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, and the like.

What is needed is a more effective method of keeping those who should not have firearms from obtaining them, all the while not penalizing the law abiding citizens right to have them. Since many, if not most, come from thefts, perhaps we should all be a little more cautious in how we store, transport, or leave them around.

BTW, anyone here ever had a firearm stolen? Lost One?

Last edited:

jt59

Yes, unfortunately

I lost all mine in a tragic house fire several years ago....my 45 minute safe was inadequate and the door seal did not prevent nearly 3,000 gallons of water from filling it up repeatedly. Futher, the FD, discerning that the safe had ammunition in it also, used a corrosive anti smoke/heat compond and chemical that attacked all the metal on the borings and flooded the ammunition bay and melted the composite stocks that weren't affected directly by the heat of my flammables storage unit that I unfortunatly had right next to my gun safe (silly me)...all was lost and were taken to the land fill after being inspected as being a total loss.

Since, I did not have pictures or reciepts for them, the insurance company would not allow the loss under my homeowners insurance and so being financially destitute, I have been forced to attempt to try to sell other belongings to rebuild my antique collection.

It was a miracle that my nearly new Mark 510 shopsmith with a full compliment of accessories worth over 5,000 was untouched in the fire. I wish that I used it more, but it is just taking space in my garage....:lol:

Last edited:

Bill Starks

State Researcher
BTW, anyone here ever had a firearm stolen?

Tacoma Case number 081961241

Cobra .380
Imperial Purple w/ white grips
Serial: FS032470

Thing is I know who took it, have witness statements stating he had it in his possession, statements that he was seen firing it in a city park. Do you think i can get the prosecutor to do anything about it even though this was was confined in Shelton at the time on unrelated theft charges......Guess who I didn't vote for in the next election.

Tomas

Had any stolen? Yes. Four of 'em, by my ex-biz-partner, who is currently in China (Really!). I have no idea where the two S&W pistols, my father's antique H&R .38 revolver, any my Armalite AR-7 are these days - nor the roughly $30,000 worth of other valuables that 'vanished.'