• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Morgantown WV Gabriel Brothers Store does not support the second ammendment

feeldasteel

Went to Gabriel Brothers Store in Morgantown WV today after work, thought I may find a decent bargain. i was open carrying of course. Well....for the first time I was asked to leave. A young kid walks up and says, "sir can i speak with you?" Then he politely informed me that they do not allow firearms in their store. i asked him why they dont put a sign up to save on the confusion. He just shrugged, So I asked if this was Company policy, Store Policy, or just securitys policy. His reply was that it is private property and I have to leave. So I just said, no problrem and left. Not before informing him and the manager who accompanied me to the door that I and my family have spent the last penny they will ever spend in their store. Didnt seem to bother him...i wonder if it will bother their corperate office??? who knows...But Ill find out!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Please never ask why they don't put up a sign - that's what they antis would do.

Better to follow through with corporate and try to educate them, but do not encourage the "No Guns" sign.

flintlock tom

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
When you are told that they "do not allow firearms in their store", it might be informative to ask them "if you call the police, because you're being robbed, do you expect the officer to bring a gun with him?" "Wouldn't it be handy if there was already someone here with a gun?"

Last edited:

MKEgal

Sounds like another hourly clerk trying to make company policy.

If it happens again, ask for a copy of the company policy to take with you, to post so that other citizens will know they're not welcome there.

But do follow up with the corp. office. They may not know that their clerk is making management decisions. All he knows is that he as an employee isn't allowed to defend himself while at work. He thinks it applies to customers, too.