• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ky's CCW Video

rescue743

What is happening is that I have been in contact with a good friend and they are pushing to change the CCW video that you have to watch during the class. What we are pushing to do is make formal complaints about the video so there is more funding to redo and make it more interesting and not boring. Here is the email for the gentleman that you need to complain to. ( jmichael.brown@ky.gov ) If you have not ever taken the class this is something that you might want to push for so you do not sit and suffer.

langzaiguy

I don't know how necessary this is. The video is painfully boring, but the government shouldn't be in the business of hollywood production and have to spend more money to revamp a video.

trooper46

It is a boring video........maybe if they hired a few cuties to read the KRS it would help.

Then again, the only thing I want our state spending more money is ink and paper required to take the next step. A system (or lack of I should say) like they have in Alaska or AZ.

The class is just one of those things you gotta sit through.

mellio

I think it's funny that there is a video in the first place. It's weird to me that to carry a gun in Ky you need no training what so ever ( legaly ). But to untuck my shirt while I carry I need an eight hour class with videos and book work and a proficiency test and "permission from the king" so to speak.

kwikrnu

Banned
I think it's funny that there is a video in the first place. It's weird to me that to carry a gun in Ky you need no training what so ever ( legaly ). But to untuck my shirt while I carry I need an eight hour class with videos and book work and a proficiency test and "permission from the king" so to speak.

It's crazy. I can open carry in KY and yet my Tennessee permit is suspended. lol

neuroblades

It is a boring video........maybe if they hired a few cuties to read the KRS it would help.

Then again, the only thing I want our state spending more money is ink and paper required to take the next step. A system (or lack of I should say) like they have in Alaska or AZ.

The class is just one of those things you gotta sit through.

As vain as this sounds to some, I have to agree. :) The video quality needs to be alot better as does the sound quality.

KYKevin

If they did a bad job on the video and knowing they are the government and they put their best efforts into making it. Do you seriously want them to try a second time?

rescue743

If they did a bad job on the video and knowing they are the government and they put their best efforts into making it. Do you seriously want them to try a second time?

One of the persons that happen to be in the video complained that it "sucks" it was dull there was no teleprompter to look at the camera and read from. They wanted to do something but it kept getting pushed back then they had to hurry and do something. What they were wanting to do was actual scenarios and different things to where the information got across instead of reading the whole gun law KRS.