• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Now THIS is some disturbing video and conduct.

Gunslinger

Wait, really? Oh, no! If they're called that, it must mean something! Wait, I've seen a lot of bikers wear those!! I thought they were trying to be rebellious but I see now that they're part of the tyrranical machine!! Wait!! I've seen them on horse riders too! Here I thought the little girls in helmets were just learning an upper class sport, but I see that they're being groomed to be state brood mares themselves! And since there are so many stables in Boulder County, it's got to be the pivot point of a plot centered in the People's Republic!! Oh, wait!! Don't miners wear those??? Ye gods, people, this is worse than anyone thought!

If we want to reverse the tyrannical encroachment all police officers should switch to Crocs immediately!!! Oh, wait!! Crocs is HQ'd in Boulder!! And I just found this!!!!

http://www.crocs.com/crocs-crocband-jaunt-womens/10970,default,pd.html?cid=504&q=boots

THERE IS NO STOPPING THEM!!!!! WE'RE DOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMED!!!!!!

That said, yeah, the video and police brutailty is pretty effed up.

So, you wear women's shoes. Not sure where that fits in the thread.

Gunslinger

You'll be proud to know that I actually looked up the definitions for jack boot before using the word in my post. And, no. Jack boots and the boots the cop is wearing are not the same. His boots look more like what a motorcycle cop would wear.

But, since there are two cop cars in the video, I'm guessing one cop was wearing motorcycle boots while driving a cop car. (Ooooooo. Tuff guy.) That or there was a third cop off camera who didn't bother to interrupt the [strike]beating[/strike] vicious vindictive assault on the witness.

OK here it is: A jackboot is a combat boot rising to at least mid-calf, with no laces, typically a leather sole with hobnails, and heel irons.[1][2] The term probably originates from association with the word jack or jerkin, as a common garment worn by the peasantry.[3]

Although jackboots date since before the Napoleon Bonaparte era and are still worn by many United states police officers on motorcycles (motor officers), 20th century jackboots, or the word at least, has been associated with totalitarian motifs.

MKEgal

18USC242
Whoever, under color of any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom, willfully subjects any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States...

That applies to discrimination on the basis of alien status (not a citizen) or "color or race".

For discrimination or intimidation based on exercise of civil rights, see the statute before that:
18USC241
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/usc_sec_18_00000241----000-.html
http://www.justice.gov/crt/crim/241fin.php

If two or more persons conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or because of his having so exercised the same; or

If two or more persons go in disguise on the highway, or on the premises of another, with intent to prevent or hinder his free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege so secured—

They shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, they shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.

Gee, a penalty of "not more than" 10 years... sounds like a felony to me.
Bye-bye gun ownership, bye-bye ability to work as a cop, or security guard.

-

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
OK here it is: A jackboot is a combat boot rising to at least mid-calf, with no laces, typically a leather sole with hobnails, and heel irons.[1][2] The term probably originates from association with the word jack or jerkin, as a common garment worn by the peasantry.[3]

Although jackboots date since before the Napoleon Bonaparte era and are still worn by many United states police officers on motorcycles (motor officers), 20th century jackboots, or the word at least, has been associated with totalitarian motifs.

Oh!! Where did you find that gem? I didn't see that when I searched. Looks like some re-writing is in order! Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!

denverbear

I was born in Chicago and grew up in the suburbs. I've lived in the Boston (20+ years) and Houston suburbs, as well, and near a big city all of my life--including both LA and San Francisco a long time ago.

My comment is based on politics--and recent Nazi actions by the DPD which are discussed elsewhere. Chicago is worse than Denver; San Fran worse than Chicago. Again, based on political climate as a sole criteron. Chicago is a great city otherwise; Denver a beautiful place, as is San Francisco, and Boston steeped in our history. But when they are run by tinpot, would be dictators (e.g., Daley, whose father was the Fuhrer while I was growing up) and trample on our rights, I equate them to the 3rd world. Take politics out of the equation, and it's a different story.
hey gunslinger where abouts in chicgo suburbs did you grow up...I was in DEs Plaines Park Ridge area .50's on.

Gunslinger

That applies to discrimination on the basis of alien status (not a citizen) or "color or race".

For discrimination or intimidation based on exercise of civil rights, see the statute before that:
18USC241
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/usc_sec_18_00000241----000-.html
http://www.justice.gov/crt/crim/241fin.php

If two or more persons conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or because of his having so exercised the same; or

If two or more persons go in disguise on the highway, or on the premises of another, with intent to prevent or hinder his free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege so secured—

They shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, they shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.

Gee, a penalty of "not more than" 10 years... sounds like a felony to me.
Bye-bye gun ownership, bye-bye ability to work as a cop, or security guard.

-
242 is the correct citation. 241 deals with conspiracy of a group against an individual. 242 covers any deprivation of constitutional rights, nothing to do with an alien, jointly and severally or individually. 241 requires a conspiracy in the instant case.

Gunslinger

my favorite hot dog joint is at river road and grand...

The only thing I miss about the PDR of Illiknows is the hot dogs, pizza and Italian sausage and beef. No place else in the country does it right. Roselle Road in Bloomingdale at a small trailer had my favorite sandwiches; Jakes in Hanover Park my favorite pizza.