• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can I OC in Tennessee?

KyDaystar

Am still new to this open and concealed carry thing..... I am heading down to Tennessee for a 4 day 4 wheeling trip. Is Tennessee an Open Carry state? Can I CC while visiting there? Sorry if this is an old and simple question but I am still learning the ropes, and finding my way around on these matters. Thanks for any replies.......

Usagi

If you have a valid KY carry permit, it is my understanding that our states have reciprocal agreements.

In the possession of a recognized carry permit, you are allowed to OC or CC at your own discretion, save for prohibited locations.

KyDaystar

Thanks for that info. Yes, I have a CC license and I do CC mostly here in Kentucky, but also do some OC..... but i was unsure of traveling to TN. I will check with the 4 wheeling park I am visiting and see what their rules are.
Mostly I was wondering for my travel there, and my stops along the way, because I never exit my vehicle without my sidearm. Thanks again.