• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Didier supporters

Beretta92FSLady

I have been looking for Murray's stance on the 2nd Amendment, and bills she might have voted on and helped sponsor; Does anyone have any links to her anti-firearm policy?

Squeak

Murray isn't stupid. She doesn't leave a paper trail. She has $$ and has been trained by the best. But, in answer to your question, nothing on paper for the 2A but sometimes silence says more than the spoken word.

Beretta92FSLady

Votes and sponsoring bills leaves a paper trail. I hope that someone on here that claims she is anti-2nd Amendment can come up with some sort of proof.

Unless this is one of those threads where people do a lot of accusing, but have no actual proof.

I will help you fellas out (I tried to find something about Dino's stance, but he has never served office FWIU, no experience, so whatever he says is for nothing, actions speak louder than words, and he has no action.):

• Voted NO on allowing firearms in checked baggage on Amtrak trains. (Apr 2009)
  • Voted YES on prohibiting foreign & UN aid that restricts US gun ownership. (Sep 2007)
  • Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)
  • Voted NO on banning lawsuits against gun manufacturers for gun violence. (Mar 2004)
  • Voted YES on background checks at gun shows. (May 1999)
  • Voted NO on more penalties for gun & drug violations. (May 1999)
  • Voted NO on loosening license & background checks at gun shows. (May 1999)
  • Voted NO on maintaining current law: guns sold without trigger locks. (Jul 1998)
  • Voted YES on reinstating $1.15 billion funding for the COPS Program. (Mar 2007)
  • Voted YES on $1.15 billion per year to continue the COPS program. (May 1999)
  • Voted NO on limiting death penalty appeals. (Apr 1996)
  • Voted NO on limiting product liability punitive damage awards. (Mar 1996)
  • Voted YES on restricting class-action lawsuits. (Dec 1995)
  • Voted NO on repealing federal speed limits. (Jun 1995)
  • Voted NO on mandatory prison terms for crimes involving firearms. (May 1994)
  • Voted NO on rejecting racial statistics in death penalty appeals. (May 1994)
  • Rated 75% by CURE, indicating pro-rehabilitation crime votes. (Dec 2000)
  • More funding and stricter sentencing for hate crimes. (Apr 2001)
  • Increase funding for "COPS ON THE BEAT" program. (Jan 2007)
  • Reduce recidivism by giving offenders a Second Chance. (Mar 2007)
  • Life imprisonment for repeat sexual predators. (Mar 1994)
I am sure there are more votes on record. Hopefully someone can find information on Dino or Didier, not likely.

Now, what I will do, is take the information that I have discovered and make and INFORMED decision. I will then ask my self if Dino means what he says.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

Rossi on firearms:

-"Allow law-abiding citizens to carry concealed firearms."

"Allow," me to carry, rather than "it's the right of every American." CC, what about OC?

amlevin

Voting for who you want, instead of the lesser of two evils, is NOT wasting your vote. I'm so sick of hearing that. How many people have died for this country to allow us to vote how we want to? I will vote or write in who I feel should be there. If more people voted their conscience instead of for the best of the worst, this country probably wouldn't be in the mess that it is.

The time for that has passed. There are only two candidates on the ballot and it doesn't take a genius to know that any vote cast for another candidate will effectively be a vote for Patty Murray. Go ahead and cast a "feel good" vote but be prepared to be stuck with PM.

One of these two will be our next Senator. Sometimes "the best of the worst" is better than the "Worst of the Worst".

Complaining at this stage sounds like "Dixie Chick Syndrome"..

Beretta92FSLady

The time for that has passed. There are only two candidates on the ballot and it doesn't take a genius to know that any vote cast for another candidate will effectively be a vote for Patty Murray. Go ahead and cast a "feel good" vote but be prepared to be stuck with PM.

One of these two will be our next Senator. Sometimes "the best of the worst" is better than the "Worst of the Worst".

Complaining at this stage sounds like "Dixie Chick Syndrome"..

Hopefully the right will get their crap together, or Murray will have this one in the bag. If the right lose this election over Murray, it is by their own hand.

The Dixie Chicks didn't say anything wrong.

Squeak

Votes and sponsoring bills leaves a paper trail. I hope that someone on here that claims she is anti-2nd Amendment can come up with some sort of proof.

Unless this is one of those threads where people do a lot of accusing, but have no actual proof.

I will help you fellas out (I tried to find something about Dino's stance, but he has never served office FWIU, no experience, so whatever he says is for nothing, actions speak louder than words, and he has no action.):

• Voted NO on allowing firearms in checked baggage on Amtrak trains. (Apr 2009)
  • Voted YES on prohibiting foreign & UN aid that restricts US gun ownership. (Sep 2007)
  • Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)
  • Voted NO on banning lawsuits against gun manufacturers for gun violence. (Mar 2004)
  • Voted YES on background checks at gun shows. (May 1999)
  • Voted NO on more penalties for gun & drug violations. (May 1999)
  • Voted NO on loosening license & background checks at gun shows. (May 1999)
  • Voted NO on maintaining current law: guns sold without trigger locks. (Jul 1998)
  • Voted YES on reinstating $1.15 billion funding for the COPS Program. (Mar 2007)
  • Voted YES on $1.15 billion per year to continue the COPS program. (May 1999)
  • Voted NO on limiting death penalty appeals. (Apr 1996)
  • Voted NO on limiting product liability punitive damage awards. (Mar 1996)
  • Voted YES on restricting class-action lawsuits. (Dec 1995)
  • Voted NO on repealing federal speed limits. (Jun 1995)
  • Voted NO on mandatory prison terms for crimes involving firearms. (May 1994)
  • Voted NO on rejecting racial statistics in death penalty appeals. (May 1994)
  • Rated 75% by CURE, indicating pro-rehabilitation crime votes. (Dec 2000)
  • More funding and stricter sentencing for hate crimes. (Apr 2001)
  • Increase funding for "COPS ON THE BEAT" program. (Jan 2007)
  • Reduce recidivism by giving offenders a Second Chance. (Mar 2007)
  • Life imprisonment for repeat sexual predators. (Mar 1994)
I am sure there are more votes on record. Hopefully someone can find information on Dino or Didier, not likely.

Now, what I will do, is take the information that I have discovered and make and INFORMED decision. I will then ask my self if Dino means what he says.
So, you're saying you prefer Rossi?

Beretta92FSLady

Nope, just pointing out that I am going to make an informed decision based on the totality of my findings per candidate.

Last edited:

rickomatic

Voting for who you want, instead of the lesser of two evils, is NOT wasting your vote. I'm so sick of hearing that. How many people have died for this country to allow us to vote how we want to? I will vote or write in who I feel should be there. If more people voted their conscience instead of for the best of the worst, this country probably wouldn't be in the mess that it is.

Are you assuming that those who voted for Rossi (a helluva lot more than Clint or Paul) did not vote their conscience? I voted for Didier in the primary because I think he "best" stood for the values that I stand for. But now it is "go time". This election is about one thing, and one thing only. DEFEAT PATTY MURRY. Go ahead and vote for whoever you "feel should be there". You will not be wasting your vote. You will be, in essence, voting to put Patty Murray back into office. Primaries are one thing. But when it comes to the general election it is, indeed, people like you in these close races that get us the same old thing, over and over. Rossi has a pretty good chance of defeating Murray. If you are voting for someone else in the general election then their chance is 0%.
I hope you rethink your position. There is a time for a principled stand, and there is a time to take whatever ground you can to be able to fight again. I will hold my nose and vote for Rossi. It is far better than to take the stench of Patty Murray for another 6 long years.
As for Clint Didier's after primary demands. I think he is screwing the pooch for his chances to run against Cantwell. I think he would have been a very viable candidate to defeat her. But his antics are not sounding very high road to me. He may have sung his swan song. I am sorry for that.

mb419

No complaining here. I just get tired hearing about "wasted votes" and being "politically pragmatic". I don't really care who wins the seat, nothing will change anyway. Republicans and Democrats alike have taken this country to where we are now. I'm just gonna sit back and watch what happens.

amlevin

No complaining here. I just get tired hearing about "wasted votes" and being "politically pragmatic". Republicans and Democrats alike have taken this country to where we are now. I'm just gonna sit back and watch what happens.

With that attitude you are absolutely right. Nothing will change. That's been the problem for too long. Everyone has had it pretty good so they didn't pay attention to politics. Now we are on the brink of economic collapse (see how good things are for you then) and we have far too many people with this attitude. Just remember your words "I don't really care who wins the seat, nothing will change anyway." If it all does finally turn to $h!t we can thank everyone who expressed this attitude when it came to making a change.

Metalhead47

With that attitude you are absolutely right. Nothing will change. That's been the problem for too long. Everyone has had it pretty good so they didn't pay attention to politics. Now we are on the brink of economic collapse (see how good things are for you then) and we have far too many people with this attitude. Just remember your words "I don't really care who wins the seat, nothing will change anyway." If it all does finally turn to $h!t we can thank everyone who expressed this attitude when it came to making a change.

Squeak beat me to it, well said. I will take the HOPE of improvement over the CERTAINTY of worsening. It would at least APPEAR that the Republicans have gotten their collective head out of their collective arse with the recent rise of the Tea party, et al. I'm willing to give them another change over the surety of more tax & spend democrat rule.

joejoejoe

Hopefully the right will get their crap together, or Murray will have this one in the bag. If the right lose this election over Murray, it is by their own hand.

The Dixie Chicks didn't say anything wrong.

We already lost this one... clearly the last two years has done nothing to wake up Washington State. Both of them are losers, both make me want to throw them out of office, and both are greater evils. I was rooting hard for Didier because he understands the constitution. He is a man "of the people." Dino was an elect chosen by the Republican party. He did not originally intend to run. We have two options:

1. We can crawl in a pile of sh*t
2. We can swim in a pile of sh*t

You all make it sound like swimming is better than crawling, but we are still sh*t deep in crooked politicians.

The only reason I will vote for Dino is in hopes that Patty and other candidates might see this as the outcome for their bad work in office. If Dino wins by a landslide, only then will the politicians understand that doing wrong will only get them the boot. Hopefully Dino will get that message too...

Joe~

amlevin

We already lost this one... clearly the last two years has done nothing to wake up Washington State. Both of them are losers, both make me want to throw them out of office, and both are greater evils. I was rooting hard for Didier because he understands the constitution. He is a man "of the people." Dino was an elect chosen by the Republican party. He did not originally intend to run. We have two options:

1. We can crawl in a pile of sh*t
2. We can swim in a pile of sh*t

You all make it sound like swimming is better than crawling, but we are still sh*t deep in crooked politicians.

The only reason I will vote for Dino is in hopes that Patty and other candidates might see this as the outcome for their bad work in office. If Dino wins by a landslide, only then will the politicians understand that doing wrong will only get them the boot. Hopefully Dino will get that message too...

Joe~

Your comparisons are a little off. The first should be "Drowning in a pile of $h!t, not crawling.

Yes, I would rather swim in it rather than drown.

There is another option. Rather than carping about how "Your" candidate lost, try something different. Let your feelings be known to one of the existing candidates or the other. Tell them what you expect from them if they are elected.

My earlier comment about "Dixie Chick Syndrome" stands. All their griping about "Bush isn't my President", made them look like fools. Unless they were willing to take up citizenship somewhere else, like it or not, Bush was their President. The same will happen in this election for Senator. One or the other will be our Senator. Accept it and instead of trying to deny it, hold their feet to the fire and put your efforts into making sure they represent us, not those in the power structure.

Last edited:

Lammo

SNIP.

Don't know where you get your information but Dino Rossi was the State Senator for the 5th Legislative District from 1997 through 2003. Not sure I should pay much attention to someone who doesn't know that (or couldn't find it with a simple Google search). Oh, yeah, BTW: Murray is a Democrat. Opposing the 2nd Amendment is what they do. Just like supporting abortion, it's in their DNA. There, that ought to start a nice little fire. ;-)

PS - - your list has 8 items directly related to firearms. Murray was on the wrong side on 7 of them. Pretty simple math as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:

Squeak

Lammo, Itake it all back about you being a dirty old man! Next time I'm in Spokane we'll let Orphan buy us a whatever!!:banana: Heck, that is worth :banana::banana:

Lovenox

There is some truth in what you both say but the scales don't tip favorably in one direction or another. It slightly dips then elevates for one another. The truth is once they get into DC they get Potomac Fever, but if one doesn't care as a voter then we rightfully reap the rewards however replusive they might be.