• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Didier supporters

killchain

Well here's my sage advice, Tea Party kids.

You vote for Rossi... or you divide the vote and let the Democrats win.

Because let's face it; the Tea Party would rather see a Republican in office than a Democrat.

Squeak

I think the problem is that most everyone wants new blood in office. Murray has lied to me and I will not tollerate a liar! And one that goes out of the state to 'buy' votes.

Beretta92FSLady

Don't know where you get your information but Dino Rossi was the State Senator for the 5th Legislative District from 1997 through 2003. Not sure I should pay much attention to someone who doesn't know that (or couldn't find it with a simple Google search).

You don't know where I get my "information" from, my "FWIU" information? Maybe you should work on your comprehension skills before you accuse someone of not knowing what they are talking about. Read what I have written, if it doesn't make sense, read it again.

I made an attempt at finding something about Rossi and his record, if you have anything 2nd Amendment related that Rossi has pushed for or whatever, I look forward to your post about all of the 2nd Amendment related things that Rossi has done.

It is a simple Google search, right?

Metalhead47

What has the TEA party movement done to indicate that it has lost it's integrity? I would suggest that the exact opposite has occurred. Look at Arizona. JD Hayworth was the Tea Party's candidate. He then made it clear that he was as corrupt as many in Washington with his ads pushing big government tax give-aways and the Tea Party abandoned him.

Just because neither Didier or Akers was able to beat Rossi doesn't say anything about the Tea Party. However, refusing to vote for Rossi because he doesn't stand for 100% of the things that you do doesn't accomplish anything. Get behind Rossi, see how he does for the next six years (which is guaranteed to be better than Murray even if not where you want it to be) and then run a more conservative candidate against him in the next primary. We have been losing our country since FDR, we aren't going to get it back in one election.

You also stated that the R's were just as culpable as the D's. I agree to a certain extent but let's check the record. The R's, in the first six years of Bush, managed to rack up less debt that the D's have racked up in the first year and a half of Obama. Since the Tea party is about Taxes, that is a huge difference.

I'm not excusing what the R's and Bush didn't do. I wanted to see rollbacks of federal programs, elimination of unconstitutional programs and laws, reduction of taxes and debt. I was very disappointed in that six year window and the lack of results. But the last two years have clearly defined the difference. The D's are adding debt, federal employees, and federal programs at a rate that makes the Bush years look like a handbook by John Stuart Mill. Was the first six years terrible? Yes. Could it have been worse? Just look at the last two years.

And to return to the current topic of Dino Rossi, his record as a State Senator was one of fiscal responsibility. I don't like his namby pamby ads, each of which seems to include the phrase "while protecting the most vulnerable among us", which I think is a huge cop out to a serious analysis of the Constitutionality of various federal programs, but he has a much more conservative record than Murray and I believe that we can keep him on the right track. If not, it's better than Murray no matter what, and out he goes in 2016.

DAMN RIGHT! I think we should be shaking YOUR hand.

Lammo

Dear Mr. Didier (and all of your supporters)

One of the other places I haunt is RedState.com. One of the posters there put it this way:

http://www.redstate.com/paulag1955/...-clint-didier-needs-to-know-about-dino-rossi/

Everyone knows by now that Clint Didier, despite having made it very clear during the primary season that he would support the GOP nominee, whomever it might be (and knowing that it could very well be Dino Rossi), has withheld his endorsement from said nominee. Rather than getting wholeheartedly behind Rossi, Didier chose to enumerate three conditions upon which his endorsment would be based.

I understand the issues involved are important to Didier - heck, they’re important to me! - but I think he may be failing to see the forest for the trees. (I wanted to use some really clever football lingo there, but, yeah. I don’t know anything about football.) So let me clear things up for Clint a bit and tell him everything he needs to know about Dino Rossi in order to feel good about an endorsement.

Here it is in a nutshell:

He’s not Patty Murray.

Yes, it really is that simple. Sure, we’d all prefer to vote for a candidate who shares all of our views and excites us with fiery rhetoric, but in the absence of that, we have to act like adults and ask ourselves, “What’s better? Something or nothing?”

END POST (emphasis added)

If I wasn't already a Rossi supporter, this would be all I would need to know. Patty Murray needs to go and the best chance we will ever have to make that happen is named Dino Rossi. Deal with it and get on board.

Beretta92FSLady

Because let's face it; the Tea Party would rather see a Republican in office than a Democrat.

So funny, we had this exchange a number of threads ago, and someone said that the "tea party" is not republican, hilarious.

Thank you for clearing that up for me killchain, since there are a number of people on here that want to act like the "tea party" is not partisan, and is not republican.

The best thing for Democrats is the "tea party." Nader did it to the Democrats in 2000, and hopefully the "tea party" will have the clout to do it to the republicans in 2012. The Democrats are not going to touch the 2nd Amendment, IMO, I am not concerned. Railing against the 2nd Amendment as a party is political suicide. I see the 2nd Amendment battle being waged locally, not nationally.

The "tea party" is just a republican fringe that calls itself by a different name--same ingredients though. Didier doesn't sound republican at all:

"SEATTLE — Tea party favorite Clint Didier said today he won’t endorse fellow Republican Dino Rossi in the Senate race against Patty Murray until Rossi agrees to take strong positions against abortion, taxes and government spending."

Last edited:

Metalhead47

So funny, we had this exchange a number of threads ago, and someone said that the "tea party" is not republican, hilarious.

Thank you for clearing that up for me killchain, since there are a number of people on here that want to act like the "tea party" is not partisan, and is not republican.

The best thing for Democrats is the "tea party." Nader did it to the Democrats in 2000, and hopefully the "tea party" will have the clout to do it to the republicans in 2012. The Democrats are not going to touch the 2nd Amendment, IMO, I am not concerned. Railing against the 2nd Amendment as a party is political suicide. I see the 2nd Amendment battle being waged locally, not nationally.

The "tea party" is just a republican fringe that calls itself by a different name--same ingredients though. Didier doesn't sound republican at all:

"SEATTLE — Tea party favorite Clint Didier said today he won’t endorse fellow Republican Dino Rossi in the Senate race against Patty Murray until Rossi agrees to take strong positions against abortion, taxes and government spending."

No one ever said the Tea Party is not partisan, it's said they're not Republican. And they're NOT. The tea party is almost a one-issue organization, and that issue is TAXATION (and the obligatory spending that goes with it). The Democrats, historically, are the party of MORE taxes. The Republicans, at least on paper, are not. The Tea Party has been backing certain Republican candidates because they're the ones advocating spending control and lower taxes!!! The TP might just be willing to endorse a Democrat, if any of them had any sense of financial responsibility, and so far that just hasn't happened.

The difference between Nader & the Tea Party? Nader/Green party candidates weren't defeating entrenched Democrat incumbents all over the nation. TP candidates ARE.

And once again, CONSERVATIVE is not the same thing as REPUBLICAN!

Beretta92FSLady

they're not Republican. And they're NOT. The tea party is almost a one-issue organization, and that issue is TAXATION (and the obligatory spending that goes with it).

CONSERVATIVE is not the same thing as REPUBLICAN!

Didier seems to not be a one issue man. He demanded that three items be met before he supports Rossi, not one item, three items! "Almost" is the key word, right.

Conservative is the same thing as republican. I have never met a Conservative Democrat. And I have yet to meet a "tea party" Democrat, although, I am sure there has to be one lurking around here, on this page. I know someone is going to throw a "blue dog democrat" at me, they are not Democrats as far as I am concerned. Democrats are a diverse group, but that group does not include blue dogs.

Last edited:

Metalhead47

Didier seems to not be a one issue man. He demanded that three items be met before he supports Rossi, not one item, three items! "Almost" is the key word, right.

Conservative is the same thing as republican. I have never met a Conservative Democrat. And I have yet to meet a "tea party" Democrat, although, I am sure there has to be one lurking around here, on this page. I know someone is going to throw a "blue dog democrat" at me, they are not Democrats as far as I am concerned. Democrats are a diverse group, but that group does not include blue dogs.

No it's not! Conservatism (liberalism, libertarianism, what have you) is and IDEOLOGY. The Republicans are a political party. And yes, there ARE Democrats who call themselves conservative! And there are Republicans who act like liberals. Right here, from Fox news 20 minutes ago: "CONSERVATIVE Democrat jokes Pelosi might get sick & die." http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/08/26/conservative-democrat-jokes-pelosi-sick-die/

You've got a funny way of picking things out of a statement. I said the Tea Party is ALMOST a one-issue organization. For cripe's sake that does mean the candidates they endorse are one issue candiates! There's no such thing. The TP endorsed Didier (primarily) because of his FINANCIAL ideals. What's going on between Dider & Rossi now, that's got nothing to do with the Tea Party!

Those "Blue Dog" conservative democrats you disavow? They're still Democrats, like it or not. Just like the liberal Republicans I can't stand are still Republicans, anyone of any political ideology can join any part. Ideology its self is determined by beliefs & actions.

Last edited:

Lammo

You don't know where I get my "information" from, my "FWIU" information? Maybe you should work on your comprehension skills before you accuse someone of not knowing what they are talking about. Read what I have written, if it doesn't make sense, read it again.

I made an attempt at finding something about Rossi and his record, if you have anything 2nd Amendment related that Rossi has pushed for or whatever, I look forward to your post about all of the 2nd Amendment related things that Rossi has done.

It is a simple Google search, right?

FWIU = From What I Understand

Sorry, no sale on "an attempt at finding out something about Rossi". It seems perfectly logical to me to question your information sources in light of your stated "Understanding" that Rossi has "never served office". See Paragraph 3 under the About Dino tab at Rossi's campaign web page to correct your "Understanding".

I don't recall whether any firearm related issues came up during the six years that Rossi served in the State Senate. Further, I can't say whether he has or hasn't done anything 2nd Amendment related. Frankly, I don't have time to comb through the session laws to find out, even if they are on the shelf right outside my office. All I need to know, as I quoted in another post on this thread, is that Dino Rossi is not Patty Murray.

BTW, except on the job I don't make accusations and my comprehension skills are just fine, thank you.

Beretta92FSLady

Further, I can't say whether he has or hasn't done anything 2nd Amendment related. Frankly, I don't have time to comb through the session laws to find out, even if they are on the shelf right outside my office.

You are the one who said that a simple Google search would find information on Rossi. You are in front of a computer screen, simply find me some 2nd Amendment items Rossi has dealt with.

I went out of my way to post anti-2nd Amendment stances by Murray. Simply, show me some pro-2nd Amendment stances by Rossi.

Who knows, there is probably someone on here right now picking up the slack for you, and finding me some information right this moment.

Lammo

You are the one who said that a simple Google search would find information on Rossi. You are in front of a computer screen, simply find me some 2nd Amendment items Rossi has dealt with.

I went out of my way to post anti-2nd Amendment stances by Murray. Simply, show me some pro-2nd Amendment stances by Rossi.

Who knows, there is probably someone on here right now picking up the slack for you, and finding me some information right this moment.

A little thin-skinned are we? I said a simple Google search could tell you that Rossi had in fact served in office. That little dot preceding this sentence is a period. Goodbye.

killchain

Who was this "someone?"

You're welcome, I guess. I'm just some guy who claims to be a moderate with libertarian leanings making a comment. Are you going to take my opinion as a strategy plan for the Tea Party?

I don't agree with your view on what Nader did in the 2000 election (only 6% of the vote went to him and his green Party,) but you are correct; I see the 2A battles being hashed out in the states. The feds aren't going to go near the 2A with a stolen pole.

You're right; Didier doesn't sound Republican AT ALL.

sudden valley gunner

Wasn't meaning to getting anybody worked up just spouting my constitutional values, and didn't like being called a freeloader......lol....I worked my ass off, for what I have, only the gov. has been freeloading off of me. Yes I'd rather see Rossi in than Murray, she has a terrible track record and cares squat about who she represents.

Also Rossi has showed some integrity by answering tough questions and going on the BJ Shea show. He invited Gregoire to do the same (by law required to do so) she refused she didn't want to have to answer those same questions. He also has a few viewpoints I disagree with too.

My vote won't split anything though I never have voted so it don't matter yet. But we get a local Ron Paul type and I'll go out of my way to vote.

I don't think it's good news for Murray this year. She has already started the negative mudslinging compaigns.

.....and damnit...now I can't get the image of a man made up of the cross of Squeak and Bush......

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Kinda brings tears to your eyes, doesn't it!:lol:

male22-male-cry-tears-smiley-emoticon-000064-large.gif