• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

IAC Lever action shotgun.

Haz.

I am thinking of purchasing the IAC manufactured reproduction COWBOY MODEL: 87W-1 GAUGE 12 GA 2 3/4" CHAMBER ACTION: LEVER ACTION, SPLIT LEVER BARREL: 20" WITH FIXED CYL. CHOKE STOCK: HAND RUBBED AMERICAN WALNUT MAGAZINE: 5 ROUNDS
SIGHTS: FRONT BEAD, FEATURES: Leather-wrapped split lever. Sells for $559.95 au, new.

Anyone know much about this shotgun. Is it reliable and is it able to withstand a rugged environment and rough handling. I had to hand in my Remington 870 which I used as a scrub gun when dog hunting ferel pigs. Haz.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I am thinking of purchasing the IAC manufactured reproduction COWBOY MODEL: 87W-1 GAUGE 12 GA 2 3/4" CHAMBER ACTION: LEVER ACTION, SPLIT LEVER BARREL: 20" WITH FIXED CYL. CHOKE STOCK: HAND RUBBED AMERICAN WALNUT MAGAZINE: 5 ROUNDS
SIGHTS: FRONT BEAD, FEATURES: Leather-wrapped split lever. Sells for $559.95 au, new.

Anyone know much about this shotgun. Is it reliable and is it able to withstand a rugged environment and rough handling. I had to hand in my Remington 870 which I used as a scrub gun when dog hunting ferel pigs. Haz.

thats the one Arnold used in Terminator 2

thx997303

Pump actions are better. That said, you have a legal issue to contend with.

As that is, I have heard good things about those lever shotguns, and wouldn't hesitate to buy one in your situation.

Haz.

Pump actions are better. That said, you have a legal issue to contend with.

As that is, I have heard good things about those lever shotguns, and wouldn't hesitate to buy one in your situation.

Thanks mate. As I said earlier, I had to hand my pump action in as it was a registered firearm and was declared illegal by our government. I cant see that changing in my lifetime. Although I was immediately able to purchase a Winchester lever action 44mag which was legal for me to buy as a sporting shooter and hunter of ferel animals.

This shows just how stupid the firearms laws are. John Howard declared pump action shotguns dangerous and made them illegal, whilst lever action shotguns and rifles are apparently not dangerous or illegal.

thx997303

It's definitely ridiculous. Makes me wonder what in the world my dad was thinking when he moved there.

Beautiful country, but the gov has made it not so great it seems.

I want to buy one of those shotguns too by the way.

I saw one of those ugly things in a gun store in Texas and since then it has played second fiddle to my desire for a big bore levergun.

Course I satisfied that lust. I bought a Marlin 1895 guide gun in 45-70 and love it.

Now for the 12 ga.

thx997303

Here's a little gun pron for those gun pron viewing sinners out there.

100_2765.jpg

4 in the tube and one chambered plus the carrier on the stock gives me 14 rounds of 45-70

That's way more than enough for most situations.

And here's a pic of a prairie dog I shot with it at 100 yards.

Pic

I left it a link because it depicts my ugly mug and a dead prairie dog. Figured people could choose whether they wanted to see it or not.

Haz.

Here's a little gun pron for those gun pron viewing sinners out there.

100_2765.jpg

4 in the tube and one chambered plus the carrier on the stock gives me 14 rounds of 45-70

That's way more than enough for most situations.

And here's a pic of a prairie dog I shot with it at 100 yards.

Pic

I left it a link because it depicts my ugly mug and a dead prairie dog. Figured people could choose whether they wanted to see it or not.

Nice pic.mate.

Yes, I think I will purchase the lever action. Haz.