• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

do you carry "everywhere "

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
I'm sure most of you carry almost everywhere but out side yer house lets say at a friends or a party with friends, somewhere you know everyone there, I'm CC at my buddys party and the people who know think I'm so.weird buti look at it like might as well be in the habit of carrying everywhere right?

I carry everywhere. I am not to worried what others think.

sudden valley gunner

I carry everywhere too. Some people still think the earth is flat, what people think we can't control.

I still get talked to a lot it opens the door for education and conversation, but the only way to normalize open carry is to open carry.

Jeff Hayes

I carry every where I go that I can legally, 99% of the time I am OC. So far this year I have OCed in 7 different states, WA, OR, ID, MT, UT, AZ, and NV. I OC for myself as a freeman not to impress anyone, because of that I dont care what others think.

I am curious as to how many other people actually OC everyday everywhere they go. I am not talking about down to the gas station and back once a week but truely where ever their business takes them on a daily basis.

sudden valley gunner

I carry every where I go that I can legally, 99% of the time I am OC. So far this year I have OCed in 7 different states, WA, OR, ID, MT, UT, AZ, and NV. I OC for myself as a freeman not to impress anyone, because of that I dont care what others think.

I am curious as to how many other people actually OC everyday everywhere they go. I am not talking about down to the gas station and back once a week but truely where ever their business takes them on a daily basis.

I wonder the same thing. I'm lucky I am self employed, I know some are restricted because of there work situation.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran

I wonder the same thing. I'm lucky I am self employed, I know some are restricted because of there work situation.

Correct. I work for "the man", i.e. a large national chain retail store that sells office supplies. I can't carry at work. But when I get in the car, I slide the paddle holster on and carry. Other than that I carry everywhere I go, every store, church, friends homes, a wedding recently, etc...

Vandal

I carry everywhere I am legally allowed to. I don't carry at work because I like my job and the large national auto retailer I work for won't let me. Otherwise my 1911 is on my hip.

The exception to this is if I am going to have an adult beverage, then the gun stays home.

joejoejoe

lol a wedding? Gogo you got some balls.

I went to a relatives b-day party today and left the gun in my car. My uncle has like 6 guns, so I figure I can leave mine in the car. Plus he lives out in the middle of nowhere. I also don't OC at my friends a whole ton just because I like the comfortability of no gun on. I haven't OCed at church. I know the majority of my church friends find it awkward. I am just not at a comfort level where I can OC it everywhere. I "carry" pretty much everywhere. Even at work I CCed.

69Charger

If I DON"T carry, I feel NECKED. :)
Vulnerable
and all twitchy. LOL

Dave

WinchesterModel12

I carry everywhere it's legal. I carry at home and to work and lock it in my vehicle( my work doesn't allow firearms on company property) and when I leave work my 1911 gets reunited with me and my holster.
I OC as much as possible but the colder it gets the more i CC.

amlevin

I I don't carry at work because I like my job and the large national auto retailer I work for won't let me.

I used to work part time for one of those "large auto retailer's" too. Either we worked for the same company or they have the same rules. I just carried a smaller gun. A Kel-Tec P3-AT fits nicely in a pocket and a Galco pockt holster keeps it from printing very nicely. For even "deeper" cover you can hang it around your neck on a lanyard, inside your shirt.

Now that I have retired (again) I can just walk through the front door, OC'ing. Just can't get the employee discount anymore.