Thread: Is it a sign?

Talking Is it a sign?

So I've been thinking about my next handgun and have been looking at a few different ones to add to my collection. Then yesterday, my first son is born at 19:11. Is he trying to tell me to look for yet another of my favorite guns?

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NEW ADDITION TO YOUR FAMILY!

and yes, another 1911 is in order.
    OH NO!!! I cant seem to think of anything "funny" and/or "wise" to put in my forum signature...NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! lol

Congratulations!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bom1911 View Post
    So I've been thinking about my next handgun and have been looking at a few different ones to add to my collection. Then yesterday, my first son is born at 19:11. Is he trying to tell me to look for yet another of my favorite guns?
    If this is not a "message from God" I don't know what is!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rugerdon View Post
    If this is not a "message from God" I don't know what is!!!
    So you are saying that G-d wants bom1911 to buy a S&W because his son was born when the clock hands were pointing in that direction on the compass rose?

BTW - bom1911 -- congratulations, but why are you buying yourself a new gun? I'd think you'd either buy one for the wife for all the hard work she went through, or for your new son. best wishes to momma & the new kid.

stay safe.

YES!!!! Go! Stimulate the Economy!!! Have your son's name laser etched on the frame or slide!!!!

I think it's a sign to name your son Colt

I think you're all wrong.

I think it's a sign to buy a Father-Son matching pair!

lol Not to hijack your thread, but I went to Cabela's on Monday to case out their gun selection, see if there was anything I was interested in purchasing and to compare their prices with other dealers.

While looking at their handgun selection, I noticed they had quite a few Walther P22s and P380s but no P99s. So I asked one of the guys if they had any P99s. He checked the computer and sure enough they had four. Now there are several configurations of the P99. A 9mm, a .40 cal., and each caliber comes with either a QA(DAO) trigger or an AS(DA/AS) trigger. They also come in compact and subcompact sizes and various colors(some quite hideous). I forgot to mention which configuration I wanted, so I had no idea which one they had.

When he went he brought the gun to the counter, it was still sealed in the case and I noticed it was dated August 15th. The same day as my birthday.

Then when he opened it up, it was a very beautiful black, with the very sexy AS letters next to the P99 on the slide denoting my favorite trigger system for the P99. When I removed the magazine, I saw that it was had 15rd capacity, meaning it was the 9mm. When I asked him how much, he said it was $650, which is about $50 than most other dealers in my area, and over all the cheapest. To add to that, I will get a $150 gift card with my purchase when I get ready to get it off of layaway.

A sign? I think so. This has been a fairly hard gun for me to find. So I put it on layaway. I will get it before October. Didn't want to let it slip out of my hands.

To answer your question. I think it is a sign, a sign that your kid is going to have a special place in his heart for the 1911. A sign that you should buy him one and keep it locked up somewhere and give it to him when he is, in your opinion, capable of handling the responsibility of a .45 caliber weapon.

Probably will be first generation OC Texan. With a sign like that you can't miss.
    No matches to anything with mine, but he did flip everyone off. (That's my boy! Started out bucking the system.)