• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Reason to go in groups?

Michigander

There is a time and place where it becomes appropriate to resist arrest with deadly force, particularly when potentially deadly force is being recklessly and maliciously exerted against a victim by 1 or more felonious police officers. This here appears to be an example of such a situation.

And about groups, I would call that a big fat YES. Whether you're talking about OCers in Michigan meeting in a city as a corrective action after abuse takes place (warren was a good example) or a group like the Deacons For Defense and Justice which paralleled our efforts in countless ways, there is safety in numbers. Bullies tend to be scared of large groups.

Of course, most cities as of lately seem to have thoroughly educated their officers so it's not so important anymore except for a select few situations, but still, it's important to remember that a group is safer when trouble is suspected, and luckily with the folks here, it's easy to get a group for a specific action, even on short notice. :)

Last edited:

fozzy71

^

That is why I am done here. No one considers the possibility he was being facetious, or sarcastic?

You guys have fun eating your own, I am done.

Last edited:

PDinDetroit

^

That is why I am done here. No one considers the possibility he was being facetious, or sarcastic?

You guys have fun eating your own, I am done.

I did not attack him in any way, I only asked that he change the post as he is promoting illegal behavior against forum rules.

It is apparent you have taken something personally on this board. That is too bad, I have enjoyed reading your posts.

Last edited:

Mike

Site Co-Founder
Open carry as individuals in daily life is what advances our cause - normalization of gun carry - best.

Carrying in a group has two drawbacks - first, less likley to normalize gun carry, and two, more likley to frankly "justify" as a legal and publicity manner a police response, e.g., unfairly but often inevitably charachterized as "a mob of people with guns." Carrying in groups actually signals you are afraid to carry and deters iothers from doing so.

That's not to say nobody should hold open carry meetups, rallies, luncheons, etc. - I'm just pointing out the range of courses of action and likley outcomes.

I hae open carried in VA, PA, OH, WV, and KY in various public places and often in front of police officers - never had a problem with any police officers, though some officers did check me and some others while eating dinner at Chammps in Reston in 2004 one time.

I suggst folks stop worrying about the police so much - in the nlikley event you are detained unlawfully, then see an attorney and makes some official complaints - that's the way to deal with unlawful police behavior - carrying in groups with cameras to try to incite a police response so you can record it is not very productive.

Bailenforcer

Agreed and my fear is that the bad cops will push things to this point.

Denver is one of this country's most liberal cities, and this should be noted. The most brutality I have witnessed from Police are in Liberal enclaves. It smacks of contradiction.

There is a time and place where it becomes appropriate to resist arrest with deadly force, particularly when potentially deadly force is being recklessly and maliciously exerted against a victim by 1 or more felonious police officers. This here appears to be an example of such a situation.

And about groups, I would call that a big fat YES. Whether you're talking about OCers in Michigan meeting in a city as a corrective action after abuse takes place (warren was a good example) or a group like the Deacons For Defense and Justice which paralleled our efforts in countless ways, there is safety in numbers. Bullies tend to be scared of large groups.

Of course, most cities as of lately seem to have thoroughly educated their officers so it's not so important anymore except for a select few situations, but still, it's important to remember that a group is safer when trouble is suspected, and luckily with the folks here, it's easy to get a group for a specific action, even on short notice. :)

Bailenforcer

Really? I have in self defense chest punched someone and they went into a irregular heart beat for a while and had to be hospitalized, now granted I am not tiny, but my best friend did the same against a thug and his heart stopped and had to be CPR'd back. You might be shocked at how many people each week die as a result of a fist, and I don't mean being beat mercilessly either. Sometimes one punch can cause death.

I'm sorry but I can not see how punching someone in the chest is attempted murder.

PDinDetroit

Really? I have in self defense chest punched someone and they went into a irregular heart beat for a while and had to be hospitalized, now granted I am not tiny, but my best friend did the same against a thug and his heart stopped and had to be CPR'd back. You might be shocked at how many people each week die as a result of a fist, and I don't mean being beat mercilessly either. Sometimes one punch can cause death.

Agreed. In MI, this would fall into the "great bodily harm leading to imminent death".

I do not advocate violence, but I do advocate proper self-defense.