• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Reason to go in groups?

Michigun

I can see how in extreme circumstances someone's heart could "stop", or perhaps they have some type of underlying cardiac problem, but if it were that common we would see in the news victims of a chest punch dying daily. Did your friend get charged with attempted murder?

lil_freak_66

If it was against a thug,one could probably assume it was self defense.

as for the on topic portion of my post....

those cops should be thrown in prison for attempted murder,as well as a few other charges,i sincerely hope they get that too,long prison sentences.

Last edited:

Bailenforcer

No he was stopping a violent felonious assault and the City Police Dept did claim it was such by the prosecutor declined to prosecute. It would have gone no where anyways.

I am trained in CPR and even a healthy heart hit right can stop. The human body is amazing but There are people killed in 30 MPH accidents often and we never realize this. It reminds me there was a famous mountain climber who climbed many summits and he had been through many injuries as one might expect, one day he got on his bicycle and tipped over and died. Life is weird that way, it doesn't always necessitate a preexisting condition. We all have heard stories of people surviving in unsurvivable and yet rarely heard of those many tragic incidents where something so minor lead to ones death, because it isn't spectacular news. News is based on sensationalism.

I can see how in extreme circumstances someone's heart could "stop", or perhaps they have some type of underlying cardiac problem, but if it were that common we would see in the news victims of a chest punch dying daily. Did your friend get charged with attempted murder?

Michigun

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Google Little league deaths. One of the common causes of death is a pitch to the kids chest. It does and can kill people.

Michigun

guys, I'm not saying this couldn't happen. an R on T event is pretty rare. my main point was trying to charge someone with attempted murder because they punched someone in the chest would probably fail just as Bailenforcer said.

kyleplusitunes

^

That is why I am done here. No one considers the possibility he was being facetious, or sarcastic?

You guys have fun eating your own, I am done.

stainless makes lots of comments on this forum he should not, even if he was being sarcastic, sarcasm is not conveyed through text. therefore can only be taken literally, making us look like a bunch of extremists.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
But for the grace of GOD go I!

Open carry as individuals in daily life is what advances our cause - normalization of gun carry - best.

Carrying in a group has two drawbacks - first, less likley to normalize gun carry, and two, more likley to frankly "justify" as a legal and publicity manner a police response, e.g., unfairly but often inevitably charachterized as "a mob of people with guns." Carrying in groups actually signals you are afraid to carry and deters iothers from doing so.

That's not to say nobody should hold open carry meetups, rallies, luncheons, etc. - I'm just pointing out the range of courses of action and likley outcomes.

I hae open carried in VA, PA, OH, WV, and KY in various public places and often in front of police officers - never had a problem with any police officers, though some officers did check me and some others while eating dinner at Chammps in Reston in 2004 one time.

I suggst folks stop worrying about the police so much - in the nlikley event you are detained unlawfully, then see an attorney and makes some official complaints - that's the way to deal with unlawful police behavior - carrying in groups with cameras to try to incite a police response so you can record it is not very productive.

Mike this is your forum so I will show all due respect. You have not been one of the unlucky ones, that's great, good for you! If you had been you might have a different view. No one that I know would ever OC in a group & "try to incite a police response" That's like saying driving two red cars side by side will provoke police to ram them? OCers know the law and abide by them. There are some police who choose to break the law and target OCers, that is the simple truth of the matter. It makes no difference how well behaved you are, how well you're dressed etc... you will be their victim if you are in their sights period. I support OCing in groups as it is much harder to explain 6 smashed audio recorders & 3 smashed video cameras. Just pointing out the obvious here. When it's a one on one encounter the odds are stacked against a single law abiding open carrier should he/she run into a "bad apple" as it becomes a citizens word against a sworn law enforcement officers word. Which side would you want to be on in court?

Last edited:

kubel

If these were thugs (not police), and they attacked you like this, would you have shot them in self defense? If you were this man walking your dogs, and you were attacked by these cops, would you have shot them in self defense?

It's probably best not to answer those questions, but maybe answer this one instead: Why does placing a uniform on someone and giving them a badge and a gun change things? Does the uniform make the threat of death or severe bodily injury any less real?

B

Bikenut

If these were thugs (not police), and they attacked you like this, would you have shot them in self defense? If you were this man walking your dogs, and you were attacked by these cops, would you have shot them in self defense?

It's probably best not to answer those questions, but maybe answer this one instead: Why does placing a uniform on someone and giving them a badge and a gun change things? Does the uniform make the threat of death or severe bodily injury any less real?

In the world encompassed by the judicial system there is a vast difference between the credibility of a "thug" and someone wearing a uniform with a badge. The "thug" will be viewed as not having much in the way of believability and the "thug" will have to prove his/her innocence from the claims of the accusers... but the uniform and badge themselves will be viewed as above reproach and his/her accusers will have to clearly and decisively prove guilt.

It is what it is. And, in the real world, we must deal with what is.