Thread: Reason to carry in groups?

Reason to carry in groups?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtO6wnWxHZw

I know most people who OC carry some kind of recording device. Though this story is not directly related to OC, it is related to what can happen when you try to record a police encounter. I guess carrying a hidden recording device, or walking in groups, or at least having someone record your daily routine from a little distance away could help reduce this type of event.

Banned

Thumbs up

Thanks for sharing.

Such A Sad State Of Affairs

I watched the video and was shocked at the officers behavior. This event seems to have been captured by the city's own video system. Good for them for recording and reporting. I hope the honest police in our country see these videos and do their best to rid their police forces of people like the ones shown in the video.

Remember in Wisconsin we can record with only one person's consent and yes, we can record surreptitiously. My vehicle has a video recorder mounted in it that records everything as I drive, audio and video. It has come in handy a few times with the most recent when I was broadsided and the other drivers insurance company didn't want to pay. Once I provided the recording of the event and the other driver telling me "I was talking to my daughter" as to why he didn't see me....case over. They paid in full.
    Last edited by rcawdor57; 08-22-2010 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Correct grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    I watched the video and was shocked at the officers behavior. This event seems to have been captured by the city's own video system. Good for them for recording and reporting. I hope the honest police in our country see these videos and do their best to rid their police forces of people like the ones shown in the video.

Remember in Wisconsin we can record with only one person's consent and yes, we can record surreptitiously. My vehicle has a video recorder mounted in it that records everything as I drive, audio and video. It has come in handy a few times with the most recent when I was broadsided and the other drivers insurance company didn't want to pay. Once I provided the recording of the event and the other driver telling me "I was talking to my daughter" as to why he didn't see me....case over. They paid in full.
    The video system is from the Colorado Department of Transportation (cotrip.org), there are dozens of cameras in the Denver metro area, and this event happened to occur within the "eyesight" of one.

McX
    safety in numbers, and multiple witnesses. plus i have heard whispers of some municipality instructing their officers that they can confront an open carrier if alone, but not when the open carriers are in groups. no police came at the cabelas this past weekend, though several of us stood outside while the remaining members finished shopping. Nor did we get any evil glances, and no one ran, nor avoided us. fancy that now!

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    safety in numbers, and multiple witnesses. plus i have heard whispers of some municipality instructing their officers that they can confront an open carrier if alone, but not when the open carriers are in groups. no police came at the cabelas this past weekend, though several of us stood outside while the remaining members finished shopping. Nor did we get any evil glances, and no one ran, nor avoided us. fancy that now!
    That's ok, my video cam broadcasts live and also remotely records (by way of cell phone data network) video, so it's recorded off site. Officers will be made aware of that, if I'm alone.

I honestly wouldn't OC alone. I would do it with 2 or more people.

This isn't the first time police or criminals have singled someone out.

Quote Originally Posted by xenophon View Post
    That's ok, my video cam broadcasts live and also remotely records (by way of cell phone data network) video, so it's recorded off site. Officers will be made aware of that, if I'm alone.
    What program do you use?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    What program do you use?
    Why not get in on the porcupine system? It is only $15 a month right now. It is pretty neat how they send a copy of the call to your email and to everyone on the list.

link