Thread: Good example of how to deal with police IMHO

Good example of how to deal with police IMHO

Great Self Control On His Part

Just listened to the recording. Great job on the open carrier's part and on the police too for not getting overly zealous. The police should have released him after the first 10 times he asked them what probable cause/RAS they had for detaining him. Most people would have gotten extremely agitated after the first few minutes of a situation like this. Great control. Oh, the open carrier was extremely knowledgeable in the law...more so apparently than the police.

Thanks for posting the link, I'm always looking for videos like this. A very good example of what to do. Looks like it helps to carry applicable laws too.

Another good recent example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyA_Z69G5E0

A good reminder to arm ouselves with knowledge also. Thanks for the post. Carry on.

Banned
    Yep... polite but firm gets the job done.

Thanks for the links.

what audio/video recorders do you guys use? Do you use a mic and clip it somewhere inconspicuous? All the recording I have done has come out totally inaudible or the device has failed to record in some fashion while in my pocket. Been trying different things, none seem to work.

Quote Originally Posted by SIGdude View Post
    what audio/video recorders do you guys use? Do you use a mic and clip it somewhere inconspicuous? All the recording I have done has come out totally inaudible or the device has failed to record in some fashion while in my pocket. Been trying different things, none seem to work.
    Good question, I myself don't have a audio recorder yet, but when I get one, it would probably go on something around my neck to hold it at chest level.

I have one of those FLIP HD video cams, but I hate to reach in my pocket and fool around with stuff if someone is approaching, if you know what I mean.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophon View Post
    Another good recent example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyA_Z69G5E0
    Cop: "Its a small town, I'll remember you"

Sounded like a threat to me, but I'm biased.
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

McX
    just say; dank yooo come agin.
    Last edited by McX; 08-24-2010 at 02:51 PM.

Asolutely sounded like a threat to me, but it was recorded...so it's the guys get out of jail free card. if he ever does anything ....BOOOM...play the audio in court.
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 08-24-2010 at 02:53 PM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Very well done.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)