• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good example of how to deal with police IMHO

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Great Self Control On His Part

Just listened to the recording. Great job on the open carrier's part and on the police too for not getting overly zealous. The police should have released him after the first 10 times he asked them what probable cause/RAS they had for detaining him. Most people would have gotten extremely agitated after the first few minutes of a situation like this. Great control. Oh, the open carrier was extremely knowledgeable in the law...more so apparently than the police.

SIGdude

what audio/video recorders do you guys use? Do you use a mic and clip it somewhere inconspicuous? All the recording I have done has come out totally inaudible or the device has failed to record in some fashion while in my pocket. Been trying different things, none seem to work.

xenophon

what audio/video recorders do you guys use? Do you use a mic and clip it somewhere inconspicuous? All the recording I have done has come out totally inaudible or the device has failed to record in some fashion while in my pocket. Been trying different things, none seem to work.

Good question, I myself don't have a audio recorder yet, but when I get one, it would probably go on something around my neck to hold it at chest level.

I have one of those FLIP HD video cams, but I hate to reach in my pocket and fool around with stuff if someone is approaching, if you know what I mean.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Asolutely sounded like a threat to me, but it was recorded...so it's the guys get out of jail free card. if he ever does anything ....BOOOM...play the audio in court.

Last edited: