Thread: Just recieved my permit

Just recieved my permit

Well, it took a while but permit finally arrived yesterday.

Applied - May 17th
    Fingerprinted - Jun 17th
    Issue date - Aug 16th
    Received - Aug 21st

96 Days or 13 Weeks 5 Days

Pretty standard time line for Dekalb County. I now live in Forsyth county and will be OCing most everywhere I go.

Wow thats a long time
    Got mine recently in Douglas county in 4 business days

DeKalb County broke Georgia Law, as Georgia Law imposes time limits for the issuance of Georgia Weapons Carry Licenses throughout the State, and due to State Preemption, DeKalb County can not abstain from those time impositions.
    Relevant Statute: 16-11-129(d)(4), and Court Action Section 16-11-129(j).
    Last edited by aadvark; 10-25-2010 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aadvark View Post
    DeKalb County broke Georgia Law, as Georgia Law imposes time limits for the issuance of Georgia WEapons Carry Licenses throughout the State, and due to State Preemption, DeKalb County can not abstain from those time impositions.
    Relevant Statute: 16-11-129(d)(4), and Court Action Section 16-11-129(j).
    Well, Dekalb is unique in that they wait for an optional report from the State Mental Health system. There is no statutory time limit for this report. Dekalb County Police however are breaking the law for making people wait 30 days to get fingerprinted. There are lawyers working on this issue.

Congrats, that's a long wait though. Catoosa Co. had mine in my mailbox in 2 days.

THE279
    Three Months? Wowwwww is tto much !!!!

i wonder if fulton county is as long...ive been going on ~33 days...then again i just moved here...
    -NRA Member, GSSF Member, GeorgiaCarry Member, Glock Certified Armorer, Glock 30SF, STI Elektra, M&P9c, NAA Black Widow .22 WMR
    -“I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.”—Mahatma Ghandhi

DeKalb County HAS to follow State-wide Preemption of Firearms Laws.
    Georgia Code 16-11-129(J) states:
    Any Person who has been Hospitalized as an INPATIENT in any Mental Hospital or Alcohol or Drug Treatment Center within the five years immediately preceding the Application. The Judge of the Probate Court may require any Applicant to sign a Waiver Authorizing any Mental Hospital or Treatment Center to inform the Judge whether or not the Applicant has been an Inpatient in any such Facility in the last five years and Authorizing the Superintendent of such Facility to make to the Judge a recommendation regarding whether the Applicant is a threat to the Safety of others and whether a License to Carry a Weapon should be issued. When such a Waiver is required by the Judge, The Applicant shall pay a fee of $3.00 for reimbursement of the cost of making such a Report by the Mental Health Hospital, Alcohol, or Drug Treatment Center, or the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities, which the Judge shall remit to the Hospital, Center, or Department. The Judge shall keep any such Hospitalization or Treatment Information Confidential. It shall be at the Discretion of the Judge, considering the circumstances surrounding the Hospitalization and the Recommendation of the Superintendent of the Hospital or Treatment Center where the Individual was a Patient, to issue the Weapons Carry License or Renewal License.

Obstensibly..., Georgia Code 16-11-129(J) does not require checks beyond 5 years immediately preceeding the date of The Application for a Weapons Carry License, AND The Report is irreleveant when and where only OUTPATIENT Treatment is recieved.

Georgia Code 16-11-129(d)(1) furher states:
    (d) Investigation of Applicant; Issuance of Weapons Carry License; [or] Renewal.
    (1) For both Weapons Carry License Applications and Requests for License Renewals, the Judge of The Probate Court SHALL within five days following the Receipt of The Application or Request direct the Law Enforcement Agency to Request a Fingerprint based Criminal History Records Check from the Georgia Crime Information Center and Federal Bureau of Investigation.

This HAS to be done within 5 days of the reciept of The Application, not 30 days.

All in a week

Congratulations on receiving your GFL. I got mine surprisingly within a week. However, I live within Carroll county boundaries. Only problem was, the local PD stated they had a hard time getting a good enough fingerprint, but guess what? My GFL had a fingerprint on it! You never know anymore.

Emanuel co.

i applied for mine a week ago.The lady in the court house said i should have it in about 10 days. I CANT WAIT!!!!

My grandmother for hers but had to go back 3 times because her finger prints are so wrinkled lol. She was telling me about it.

I got mine in gwinnett county it took mine a month to come in. but gwinnett has hundreds in processing at any given time.

Posted from my Samsung EPIC 4G on Nationwide Sprint Network using Tapatalk Pro

Cool Emanuel co.

Well, i got my weapons carry license in the mail 3 days ago and will be OCing everywhere i go. Total time-10 days!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by leal09 View Post
    Well, i got my weapons carry license in the mail 3 days ago and will be OCing everywhere i go. Total time-10 days!!!!!
    Big thumbs up!!!

I got my first CCW in 20 minutes. New Hampshire back in the day ('83).

Quote Originally Posted by leal09 View Post

now asap send an application to PA and get the PA LTCF to pick up a few more states like Virginia etc time is running out