Thread: Do open carry guns belong at public events?

Do open carry guns belong at public events?

Letters to the editor

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...=2010100820063

<snip>
    Gun extremists
    Rochelle Riley, in her column last Sunday (“Royal Oak’s choice: Guns or families”), is right to criticize gun activists who are imposing their will on the City of Royal Oak.

YES
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

So many morons...

"My family does not plan to attend an event where citizens are drinking and carrying guns."

So does it make him feel better that I won't be drinking?

-Richard-

Once again the wrong question is being asked... the real question is:

-->Does someone's "opinion" and/or "feelings" have the power to limit when and where the 2nd Amendment "right" should be exercised?

If this is true, as so many uninformed, arrogant, and prejudiced folks seem to think, then...

The uninformed, arrogant, and prejudiced, should not have the 1st Amendment "right" to speak their minds because when they do so it hurts my "feelings" and is contrary to my "opinions".

I find it astounding that so many people think that a city such as Royal Oak violating the law, and by doing so canceling a right, is perfectly OK just because it fits their "opinions" and goes along with their "feelings".

Pitiful... just pitiful.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

The Constitution is The Constitution!

It does not matter what someones Feelings are about something!

If [they] do not like something..., that is their Opinion, BUT their Opinion does not overrule my Rights!

Likewise..., their Opinions do not overrule your Rights either!

this just goes to show the mindset of the american people in this day and age, the other day I listened to a guy go off for 20 minutes in favor of the fairness doctrine.

Quote Originally Posted by kyleplusitunes View Post
    this just goes to show the mindset of the american people in this day and age, the other day I listened to a guy go off for 20 minutes in favor of the fairness doctrine.
    You should have told him it wasn't fair that you had to be subjected to his diatribe.

Banned
    Hahaha