• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do open carry guns belong at public events?

office888

So many morons...

"My family does not plan to attend an event where citizens are drinking and carrying guns."

So does it make him feel better that I won't be drinking?

-Richard-

B

Bikenut

Once again the wrong question is being asked... the real question is:

-->Does someone's "opinion" and/or "feelings" have the power to limit when and where the 2nd Amendment "right" should be exercised?

If this is true, as so many uninformed, arrogant, and prejudiced folks seem to think, then...

The uninformed, arrogant, and prejudiced, should not have the 1st Amendment "right" to speak their minds because when they do so it hurts my "feelings" and is contrary to my "opinions".

I find it astounding that so many people think that a city such as Royal Oak violating the law, and by doing so canceling a right, is perfectly OK just because it fits their "opinions" and goes along with their "feelings".

Pitiful... just pitiful.

aadvark

The Constitution is The Constitution!

It does not matter what someones Feelings are about something!

If [they] do not like something..., that is their Opinion, BUT their Opinion does not overrule my Rights!

Likewise..., their Opinions do not overrule your Rights either!

kyleplusitunes

this just goes to show the mindset of the american people in this day and age, the other day I listened to a guy go off for 20 minutes in favor of the fairness doctrine.