• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Old gun ads...from when we really had a free country.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
back when the Thompson Sub Machine gun came out you could order it through the mail for $ 100.00 ( alot of cash back then )..but anyone could buy them. yes, truely back in the days when America was free..now ????

sultan62

I'm normally not one to point out typos, but...

...this one was too funny to pass up

God, to have pricing like that again......

I've often wished that some one would start running an add on a major network, or go all out and run one during something like the super-bowel. Be it a manufacturer or even a Pro-2a group. Heck even the NRA. Just something that millions would see.

I'm imagining a giant on a massive toilet, straining.

:shocker:

daddy4count

back when the Thompson Sub Machine gun came out you could order it through the mail for $ 100.00 ( alot of cash back then )..but anyone could buy them. yes, truely back in the days when America was free..now ????
Considering the average cost of a US made car in 1938 was over $760 that Benjamin may not sound like much... but back then it was quite a chunk of change!

Dreamer

Actually the actual COST of these firearms (with the exception of the Class III units) hasn't gone up much.

If you figure in inflation and the devaluation of the dollar (about 92% since 1941 when we signed onto the Bretton Woods standard), these prices are actually a little HIGHER than today's market prices for similar firearms.