Thread: Greensboro gun and knife show aug. 28+29

Greensboro gun and knife show aug. 28+29

if i'm not a resident of NC but want to buy a gun at the show, would I need to get a pistol purchase permit or whatever it's called? Also, is there any information I need to know if I were to choose to buy a gun? I won't be carrying or anything, but would at least like to go look around.

depends on if your buying a pistol or a longarm.

AFAIK, and IANAL, if you buy a longarm, as long as your check out, you should be fine.

To buy a pistol, you'll need a pistol purchasing permit. I don't know if you qualify for one, since you are out of state, but contact the sheriff's office, and talk with them.
    Taurus PT1911 .45 ACP. Carried in condition 1, with a total of 25 rounds.

Vice President of Students for Concealed Carry on Campus, ECU Chapter

If you are not a resident of North Carolina, there is no way to legally by a pistol in North Carolina, dealer or private seller. You would have to have the handgun shipped to an FFL in your own state to handle the transfer.

Long guns are another matter... but ironically, it depends not on the laws of North Carolina, but on the laws of your state of residency. For example, a residnet of North Carolina can buy a long gun in any state contiguous to North Carolina...

well....guess I won't be going, then. Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by RayBurton72 View Post
    If you are not a resident of North Carolina, there is no way to legally by a pistol in North Carolina, dealer or private seller. You would have to have the handgun shipped to an FFL in your own state to handle the transfer.

Long guns are another matter... but ironically, it depends not on the laws of North Carolina, but on the laws of your state of residency. For example, a residnet of North Carolina can buy a long gun in any state contiguous to North Carolina...
    Is that a state statute about buying long guns? I just did a quick search through the firearm laws and didn't see anything about buying out of state.

I'd like to go and peruse, but I hope this event is a little less crowded than the recent one in Raleigh. It was literally packed and took forever to make your rounds and see everything.

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
    I had planned to go, but I'm broke. The money that I might have spent there got spent last weekend on art supplies ($200). My wife is going back to school for graphic design. If I went, it would be a tease.
    Carry on!

Quote Originally Posted by cricketdad View Post
    Is that a state statute about buying long guns? I just did a quick search through the firearm laws and didn't see anything about buying out of state.
    14‑409.10. Purchase of rifles and shotguns out of State.

It shall be lawful for citizens of this State to purchase rifles and shotguns and ammunition therefor in states contiguous to this State. (1969, c. 101, s. 1.)

Quote Originally Posted by RayBurton72 View Post
    14‑409.10. Purchase of rifles and shotguns out of State.

It shall be lawful for citizens of this State to purchase rifles and shotguns and ammunition therefor in states contiguous to this State. (1969, c. 101, s. 1.)
    Thank you

Can someone that is going see what the best deal on an Arsenal AK74 SGL-31-61 while they are there?
    Thanks!