• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Meet in Bremerton

1245A Defender

i had asked you in the OC in paulsbo thread to pick a time and place!!!

I'm whining? Seriously? I don't know who pissed in your cornflakes but I was merely making a suggestion.

I don't really care where you meet, I only mentioned that there are much better places to do so.

No, I can't make it, but even if I could I would never set foot inside a Denny's anyhow.

i wrote
Im gonna get pushy, just to see what happens!

real local guys that might be willing to meet in kitsap seem to be!!!
fire suppressor, paulsbo
redski30, bremerton
mainsail, silverdale
lante, kingston
gsx1138, bremerton
trigger dr, port orchard
spike89, kitsap
3/325, kitsap
squeak, port orchard
jeeper1, squim
and me... 1245a defender, belfair

thats 11 members, an odd, but perfect number for a breakfast meet!
locations range from port orchard, to kingston.
i remember that squeak suggested the family pancake house in port orchard.
but thats right at the south end of the group.
i wish that mainsail would please, pick a nice place in silverdale for a breakfast!!!!
i wish that mainsail would do it NOW, and suggest a morning, within the next few days,
maybe this saturday would work for most of us.
GET ON IT PEOPLE!!!!
lets get some feedback coming back so we can get the most turn out with little fuss...

SOOO,, you had a chance to step up and make your preferences known..
its true, dennys aint cheap, but its decent food, and they never make a fuss about OCers.
family pancake house is about the same, price, quality, acceptance.
the meets are not about the food, its about getting together, and getting to know each other!
since you cant fit this meet into your schedule, i wish you would take the
initiative, and set up a meet on your own accord, so we can all meet you too!

Mainsail

SOOO,, you had a chance to step up and make your preferences known..
its true, dennys aint cheap, but its decent food, and they never make a fuss about OCers.
family pancake house is about the same, price, quality, acceptance.
the meets are not about the food, its about getting together, and getting to know each other!
since you cant fit this meet into your schedule, i wish you would take the
initiative, and set up a meet on your own accord, so we can all meet you too!
[/INDENT]

I missed that other post, lots of words and a very short attention span. :p

Summers are difficult for me to make it to meets- I like to take advantage of the weather and get in as many hikes as possible before the rains come. There are just so many high mountain lakes to fish, and some of them take hours and hours to hike to.

No, it’s not the expense of Denny’s but the poor service and gross food that made me wash my hands of them completely. (I flew C-141s for over 17 of my 20, and I’ve had more than my fill of Denny’s swill, and really, the only thing worse than Denny’s was AAFES) I suggested Harvester since the food and service are great, and I carried openly there without drama from way back when TPD still believed that OC was sufficient grounds to detain you. When I got to Silverdale I really missed The Harvester so I tried Family Pancake house (and IHOP across the street) and found the food barely tolerable and the service even worse (at both places). I tried Taprock and it’s great! They have a Dungeness crab omelet that’s to die for. So I’m not complaining about the locations chosen, I’m just trying to steer you (all) towards something better.

When my schedule allows, I will certainly plan a meeting. Right now I have too many hobbies and too little time.

I am having some trouble understanding Squeak’s statement that because I won’t eat at Denny’s….I’m not an OCer? I’ll add that to the list.

Not a real OCer because I don’t like greasy Denny’s food…
Not a real firearms enthusiast because I don’t want to shoot anything and everything that moves…
Not a real hiker because I carry a ham radio and sometime a pistol…
Not a real ham because I am perfectly content with my Tech ticket…
Not a real Jeeper because I don’t want to put a 12” lift on my ride…
Not a real fisherman because I don’t like salmon…

1245A Defender

need to bump this to the top again!

so far its lookin like just the right size, we got

me, ill bring my new OC gun
squeak
gsx1138
redski30
69charger
bookman, i wonder if you might bring deros72?

and maybe?
jt59
chehalis scott
winchestermodel12
batousaii
gogodawgs, hes got a new OC gun too, but mine is cooler looking!

Last edited:

Squeak

:banana:
so far its lookin like just the right size, we got

me, ill bring my new OC gun
squeak
gsx1138
redski30
69charger
bookman, i wonder if you might bring deros72? Yes, the twins are coming!

and maybe?
chehalis scott
winchestermodel12
batousaii, and jt59
gogodawgs, hes got a new OC gun too, but mine is cooler looking!
Yours MAY be cooler, but I got a better deal on mine! Did I ever tell you where I got mine???????????????????????????????????????????????:banana: Looks like close to a dozen:banana::banana:

DEROS72

Bookman said he has to work so Gogodawgs has kindly agreed to bring me over.

We will be announicing the new Open Carry Alarm clock training and managment seminars..!

Squeak please provide a note from your mom that says its ok for you to be out in public.Thanks.

Last edited:

Squeak

Bookman said he has to work so Gogodawgs has kindly agreed to bring me over.

We will be announicing the new Open Carry Alarm clock training and managment seminars..!

Squeak please provide a note from your mom that says its ok for you to be out in public.Thanks.
Ummmm. She won't give me one. She wants to see some responsible adult that will keep on eye on me. Anybody? I mean, it's not that hard, is it?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
The wife and I are going to come, as long as we can wake up early enough :D
classic-alarm-clock-with-smiley-face.jpg

Last edited: