• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ok you Glock guys win....

25sierraman

Usually I'm a die hard Sig fan but lately my wallet just isn't up to the challenge. This guy comes along selling a barely touched Glock 22 3rd gen in excellent shape. There's not a single blemish on the slide or anything so about 340 dollars later i have a nice new (to me) Glock 22 in my hands. I think my Sigs are jealous and probably my XDM as well but i can't put this thing down. The grip angle is still something I'm getting used to but I think somethings wrong with me. The blocky "old" Glock is really attractive to me all of a sudden. It's so much easier to clean than my XDM with all of its little annoying crevices and what not. Much like my Sigs all i have to do with this one is just take the slide off of the frame and wipe it down. No swabs or anything required really. Now as much as I hate to admit id im looking at possibly getting a 10mm from Glock..... is something wrong with me? am i a Sig Traitor? haha

irish52084

That's funny, I just bought a glock on Saturday and it may replace my xd. I'll second the glock in 10mm accuracy. My good friend has had on for a few years and I'm really amazed at how accurate it is. It's actually the most accurate stock pistol I've shot. Plus, who doesn't like firing off a few hundred hot 10mm rounds? It's a blast, pun intended.

19Daniel91

That's funny, I just bought a glock on Saturday and it may replace my xd. I'll second the glock in 10mm accuracy. My good friend has had on for a few years and I'm really amazed at how accurate it is. It's actually the most accurate stock pistol I've shot. Plus, who doesn't like firing off a few hundred hot 10mm rounds? It's a blast, pun intended.

Just curious, is 10mm ammunition at all common? And generally how much is the cost?

irish52084

I went to 3 local shops Saturday, and all had 10mm ammo for$20-$30. However I never did find any 357Sig fmj. 10mm pricing is about inline with 45acp right now.

irish52084

give in to the dark side and buy a an evil black tupperware gun in 10mm. It's way too much fun on this side with a 10mm. What's not to like? Awesome ballistics, loud bang, big flash and lots of fun. Everyone has a 45, 9mm or 40, get a 10mm and be different, plus chicks dig the 10mm. :lol:

25sierraman

give in to the dark side and buy a an evil black tupperware gun in 10mm. It's way too much fun on this side with a 10mm. What's not to like? Awesome ballistics, loud bang, big flash and lots of fun. Everyone has a 45, 9mm or 40, get a 10mm and be different, plus chicks dig the 10mm. :lol:

lol well i guess as long as the chicks dig it.....

irish52084

Kinda funny, my girlfriend doesn't like to shoot my xd sub compact in 40, but she'll shoot the glock 20 10mm and not a bit op problem with the recoil. What's with that? lol. Maybe a bit of small gun = small recoil and big gun = big recoil?
I have to admit the 10mm glock with 16 round mags is a formidable carry weapon. The 10mm is a great round in my opinion and seems to be gaining popularity again. I'm glad it's gaining traction, it requires a 45acp sized gun, but usually gives more capacity and I think it's far more versatile than 45acp. No real facts to back that up, just general assumption.

25sierraman

I just got back from the range! and ******* i suck with this weapon. I need more practice. This grip angle is killing me. I'm used to my XDM or my Sigs and this is quite different in the hands. It's still pleasant to shoot i just need more practice.

t33j

I just got back from the range! and ******* i suck with this weapon. I need more practice. This grip angle is killing me. I'm used to my XDM or my Sigs and this is quite different in the hands. It's still pleasant to shoot i just need more practice.

Used to own a Glock... I sold it only because of the grip angle. I want no part of that.

swinokur

Activist Member
Kinda funny, my girlfriend doesn't like to shoot my xd sub compact in 40, but she'll shoot the glock 20 10mm and not a bit op problem with the recoil. What's with that? lol. Maybe a bit of small gun = small recoil and big gun = big recoil?
I have to admit the 10mm glock with 16 round mags is a formidable carry weapon. The 10mm is a great round in my opinion and seems to be gaining popularity again. I'm glad it's gaining traction, it requires a 45acp sized gun, but usually gives more capacity and I think it's far more versatile than 45acp. No real facts to back that up, just general assumption.

no matter what they say, size still matters;

VAopencarry

Why fight with the gun? Stick with what works for you.

45acpForMe

Usually I'm a die hard Sig fan but lately my wallet just isn't up to the challenge. This guy comes along selling a barely touched Glock 22 3rd gen in excellent shape. <snip>

My first handgun was a Sig P220 Carry. I have since added other Sigs to my collection. As good as the Sig is I was always curious as to other models/manufacturers. I bought some 1911's, H&K and FNP-45 and like them all but when you start with something as good as a Sig you can find faults with the others.

I kind of think about it as if you started dating a Victoria Secret model, then started wondering how life would be with a girl next door. You may stray but I think your love and appreciation of your Sig will never leave. :)

In my case I was in search for the perfect gun but started out with one of the best so I wasn't overly impressed by others. With that said, I love my H&K USP, like my FNP-45 (waiting for a SERPA holster to be available) and like my 1911's (Para Big Hawg & others).

As far as the 10mm, either you want it or you don't. I prefer to standardize on 45acp but will never say never. :) I think if I were drooling over a high speed over-penetrating round, I would prefer the 50S&W.

Last edited:

irish52084

It's good to expand your knowledge base. If the grip angle gives you fits after a concerted effort, then move on to something you're more comfortable with. Maybe a Colt delta elite 10mm? lol

One of the great things about the 10mm is flexibility, if you're worried about over penetration, you go to a 135 grain double tap load at 1600 fps. If you want tons of penetration you can use a 200 grain at 1250fps or even a 230 grain at 1140.

simmonsjoe

The problem has more to do with the really high grip, and low trigger. Instead of pulling back on a Glock trigger, your pulling UP and back. When you start pulling the mushy trigger, you encounter resistance @ the plunger, then at the connector, THEN you have to pull some distance to get the crucifix to release the firing pin.

The biggest problem is when you reach the connector. You should practice taking all the slack out of the trigger, then pause slightly to readjust your sightpicture, then squeeze for your first shot. For all follow-up shots, only let the trigger forward enough to reset, but to not allow for any take-up.

Honestly the Glock trigger, in it's stock form is really tough to deal with. Try a 3.5# connector. It's a drop-in part and helps a bunch. You can also remove the take-up, but that requires decent knowledge of how the firearm works.

25sierraman

My first handgun was a Sig P220 Carry. I have since added other Sigs to my collection. As good as the Sig is I was always curious as to other models/manufacturers. I bought some 1911's, H&K and FNP-45 and like them all but when you start with something as good as a Sig you can find faults with the others.

I kind of think about it as if you started dating a Victoria Secret model, then started wondering how life would be with a girl next door. You may stray but I think your love and appreciation of your Sig will never leave. :)

In my case I was in search for the perfect gun but started out with one of the best so I wasn't overly impressed by others. With that said, I love my H&K USP, like my FNP-45 (waiting for a SERPA holster to be available) and like my 1911's (Para Big Hawg & others).

As far as the 10mm, either you want it or you don't. I prefer to standardize on 45acp but will never say never. :) I think if I were drooling over a high speed over-penetrating round, I would prefer the 50S&W.

Haha i got a good laugh out of your victoria's secret model analogy. I think I'll use that when I explain the greatness of Sig to the guys in my platoon from now on. I really don't think I'll ever leave Sig behind. The Glock is just testing new waters for me and I've been pleasantly surprised so far. I think 45acpforme really hit it on the head here. I've just been picking apart Glock based on my experience with Sig. I'm not trying to start an argument here it's just my personal preference. I'll keep on shooting this Glock and see if i can get comfortable with it and if not, well i got an awesome deal with it so i can always just resell it. I really appreciate the input though guys.

simmonsjoe

I don't understand this. Maybe its just me. Maybe its because I honestly don't target shoot often, more drilling for self defense type situations where it might not be so much aiming and more reflex shooting. I've never noticed any issues with the Glock trigger system. Granted it seemed foreign at first just due to moving components but as far as positioning and the pull itself, it has seemed the most natural of anything I've shot.
I don't target shoot. I shoot mostly IDPA and some USPSA.

everyone is different. People who learn to shoot with the Glock tend to have a much different reaction than those who transfer to it. Notice the OP is switching from a SIG. Switching from a DA or SA pistol to a Glock can be a challenge for many people. Not only the long pull AFTER takeup, but If you look at a SIG, it has a lower beavertail. This means your trigger finger is parallel to the barrel. The Glock's high grip causes the finger to be at a significant downward angle. Everyone's hands are different and everyone's experiences vary, of course.

Just because you shoot a stock Glock well, doesn't change the fact it has a horrible trigger feel. It's the geometry of the crucifix/disconnect/firing pin. The benefit is an extremely simple, low parts, easy to work on lightweight reliable pistol.

I carry a G19 and love it. I switched from a 1911.

Last edited: