• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OpenCarry.org Now Supports TapaTalk

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
After extensive research, I am confident that the security concerns have been addressed and we have rolled out TapaTalk.

Tapatalk is a mobile forum app for iPhone / Android and soon to be on Blackberry and Nokia. Tapatalk supports vBulletin (3.x and 4.x) and phpBB forums and forum owner can activate this service for free. Tapatalk supports all the usual forum functions plus full screen image viewing, image upload, caching (less reload), private messaging, all these features are accessible in just a few simple taps.

Tapatalk for iPhone:
Showing New and Unread Posts:
IMG_0036.png

Full Thread Viewing and Pagination Support:
IMG_0037.png

Reply to Post and Image Upload:
IMG_0041.png

Tapatalk for Android

Total Android Look and Feel
main.png

Same feature set as iPhone:
threadmenu.png

Quickly Reply to a conversation:
thread_bottom_menu.png

Latest and Unread Posts indicator and multi-tabs support:

latest-v.png

Full screen image support - support landscape mode also
imageview.png

Check out http://www.tapatalk.com for more information!

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Downloading it right now!

EDIT: Been using it for a day now. I like it. This is much better than trying to view & respond to posts using Safari on my iPhone. Faster too.

Glad you like it. :)