• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Local Lexington Ordinance That Prohibits OC.

mellio

My wife was in a workplace violence presentation today by a Lexington police officer and was told Lexington has an ordinance against OC ! I asked my wife to ask the officer in tomorrows session the number for that ordinance. I bet he can't come up with one ! I told her about the preemption law and showed her KRS 65.870. What other info can I " arm" her with so she can "educate" the officer about OC ? I asked if she had internet access in the room where the presentation is held and she siad no. If she had access I would have asked her to show the officer the OC meeting at Jacobsen park. I bet he would have crapped himself seeing a man with an AR OCing in Lexington park ! That is if he actually thinks there is an ordinance against OC in Lexington. He may just be purposely spewing misinformation.

Brian D.

If you show that the officer is lying, while representing the police department...well, let's just say that's something I wouldn't let off the hook easily.

aadvark

Police ARE allowed to LIE when they do their Jobs.
Ignorance of The Law is a VERY REAL Problem as well.
The Police throughout The Commonwealth of Kentucky know full well, or atleast should know, that Open Carry of ANY Firearm does not require any type of Permit whatsoever.
Kentucky ONLY Regulates Concealed Firearms throughout the Commonwealth less the exceptions under The Kentucky Revised Statutes.
One needs no Permit to Carry a Firearm Openly or in, on, or within a Vehicle (as long as it is done Openly or in The Glove Box).

Thos.Jefferson

Well I did a little research over at the Lexington.gov sight and the only mention of firearms is your typical concealed carry and firearms discharge stuff. To their credit I must give them a thumbs up for mentioning that a discharge for defense of person or property is perfectly acceptable.

mellio

Sadly the wife did not ask about the ordinance number on the second day of training . She said the officer was generally discouraging when it came the the public carrying guns CC or OC. Saying things like guns are often used against their owners and that the public is not properly trained to used firearms. The question was brought up about there being gun shows downtown and that the public openly carried guns in and out of the shows. The officer did not mention any ordinances this time, even though my wife belives that was the point of the question. The officer responded just that it makes them "Nervous". I was happy to hear that my wifes coworkers seemed pretty gun friendly in general and a couple of them were very pro gun and even had their CWP. To bad the officer was not so gun freindly.

BTW - The officers name was Towery

langzaiguy

OK, you heard it here folks! We the people are too weak, unskilled, and ignorant to carry firearms. We should cower in the corner while Big Brother ineffectively looks out for us. After all, they know what's in our best interest, right?

neuroblades

An Official OC Forum Inquiry?

Perhaps someone from the forum needs to either pay the LPD a personal visit or a direct phone call to get an "official" statement about this obvious pirce of misinformation for the OV forum here. Let them know that we're well aware of their "lie" and that we have taken notice of this illegal statement.