• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thoughts and Ideas

OPS MARINE

I am thinking about penning a blog. While it will not exclusively cover gun ownership and OC, I would like to address it for those who want to purchase a firearm. I have covered weapon type (handguns) manufacturers, ammunition and the differences (not to a great degree) and the psychological and physiological effects of having to shoot another human being.

I would like some help perhaps developing ideas on what else to write about, or how I can improve my overall approach. Suggestions are greatly appreciated, along with links to sources if you're so inclined. Thank you.

heliopolissolutions

Its an idea that flits across most our minds, I can assure you that there is an audience out there for every doggone thing.

The key to creating a successful blog is content, and lots of it and of good quality. Some people make blogging a full time job, no joke, check out temptalia. So my advice to you is consider getting some contributors.

OPS MARINE

I wouldn't mind having contributors, I just don't know how this whole thing works. I thought I was computer savvy, but it seems I need a degree or two. I'm going to try and figure it out, and I can be PMed with anything anyone deems relevant.

pullnshoot25

I am down. I have a blog called "Collegiate Tactical" that I haven't done anything with. I was thinking of more humorous content about college but I don't have the time nor energy to deal with it.

Rich Keagy

I've been surprised recently how many women are getting into shooting sports.
Of last year's gun sales to women, 70% were first time buyers. That's shouting something!
So, be sure not to overlook the ladies.
Just my two cents.

OPS MARINE

Thank you. I will be sure to do some research on that. Here's the call: Are there any female shooters out in OCDO land that wish to contribute to a blog from their point of view? I would like to hear from you.