Thread: WY law clarification and potential meetup?

WY law clarification and potential meetup?

Hey, my brother Sam is en route to Cheyenne, WY right now and is curious about any legal restrictions on OC in the great state of Wyoming. I can't find anything so I am assuming that there aren't restrictions against carrying in bars and the like?

Also, if anyone wants to meet up with him, shoot him an email at cheyenneoc@samsonfab.com.

CARRY ON!

-N8

There are 0 laws in Wyoming concerning Open Carry, but I still don't think it smart to carry into a bar whether your drinking or not.
    You cannot conceal carry into a bar.
    Last edited by MatieA; 08-23-2010 at 11:18 PM. Reason: added 2nd line.
    If you do not test yourself every single day,
    then it is just another wasted day.
    --Semper Fi--

Quote Originally Posted by MatieA View Post
    There are 0 laws in Wyoming concerning Open Carry, but I still don't think it smart to carry into a bar whether your drinking or not.
    I met a legislator for lunch and the establishment was packed, they could only seat us in the lounge side. I said to the legislator good thing I am open carrying. He responded with "you can OC but not CC, what's the point of going to the trouble of getting a CC permit?", to which I responded "welcome to my world".

It was agreed upon that the only thing stopping a drunk that wanted to shoot up the place was me the one open carrying.

Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by MatieA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    I met a legislator for lunch and the establishment was packed, they could only seat us in the lounge side. I said to the legislator good thing I am open carrying. He responded with "you can OC but not CC, what's the point of going to the trouble of getting a CC permit?", to which I responded "welcome to my world".

It was agreed upon that the only thing stopping a drunk that wanted to shoot up the place was me the one open carrying.

Just my two cents.
    My perception of a bar and a lounge are two places with entirely different atmospheres and attitudes and while I no longer frequent either my perception may be off. I think of a lounge as a more 'genteel' type of establishment, and fights are very uncommon, whereas a bar is where people go to get entirely smashed (sometimes literally), and fights are quite frequent.

Using the above scenario I believe (my opinion) that carrying into a bar is not very smart.
    If you do not test yourself every single day,
    then it is just another wasted day.
    --Semper Fi--