• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sam's Club in Reno

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
Sam's Club is another 10 miles from my nearest Costco.

I called last week and talked to a manager named Todd, asking him about the policy on OC.

He said they follow state law.

I dropped in this afternoon, and spent an hour wandering around the store, wearing my full-sized 1911. Every employee I saw, I put them on my strong side and found an excuse to talk with them, waiting for any kind of comment, hesitancy or the other signs of hoplophobia.

The only comment I got came from a Harry Reid supporter -- a CUSTOMER, not employee.

I went back to the Membership desk and signed up, then asked to talk to a manager -- Todd, who I talked to last week, came out. I explained that I'm the guy who called last week, told him I had just strolled through his store, was favorably impressed by the people and how light and clean the place was.

Sometime in the next few days, I'm taking back the $400 in batteries and $900 TV that I bought last week from Costco, then will take them up on their offer to give gun owners our money back if we don't like their no-guns-or-we'll-have-you-shot policy. I will tell them that I don't feel safe in their store, especially after the part they played in Eric Scott's murder -- and especially the way they "lost" the video they had. That visit will be the last time that I pass their no-guns sign -- if they take it down, I'll be happy to give them more of my money, but until then, every month or so I'll just send them photocopies of the receipts from Sam's Club, which will get about $1900 from me in just the next couple of weeks, as I buy, two sets of batteries for my solar system ($800), two new batteries for my coach conversion ($200) and the replacement for that TV that I'm taking back.

Last edited:

Sabotage70

I plan on doing the same thing. I have the black costco card which means that i would get back 1% of the sales. Which should be coming soon. I will spend that then turn around and ask for my membership fees back.

I was at the store where Erik was shot at only about a 1/2 hour before the shooting went down. I would go to costco about once every 2 weeks. I haven't been back sense the shooting.

calmp9

I plan on doing the same thing. I have the black costco card which means that i would get back 1% of the sales. Which should be coming soon. I will spend that then turn around and ask for my membership fees back.

I was at the store where Erik was shot at only about a 1/2 hour before the shooting went down. I would go to costco about once every 2 weeks. I haven't been back sense the shooting.

Any updates about the incident?

Sabotage70

Not really. But the Sheriff was on the news today saying how he doesn't want a 3 party group coming in and and being involved in any investigation against his officers. :banghead:

Nevada carrier

Not really. But the Sheriff was on the news today saying how he doesn't want a 3 party group coming in and and being involved in any investigation against his officers. :banghead:

of course he doesn't. He can't guarantee his officers will be given an unfair advantage if the process were unbiased. This could be a great campaign platform for anyone hoping to be elected sheriff, have we heard their take on this?