• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brad Krause sues West Allis

Passive101

Police did wrong. They did not remove everything from his record. I hope he wins. Money seems to be one of the few things that makes a city change its ways.

Video and audio evidence and a first hand account from the media is sure going to help him I bet.

suntzu

One user--Jen67 wrote that Mr. Krause had "made his point, and to stop wasting her property tax dollars and those of other West Allis taxpayers"....Obviously he had not made his point--because if the point had been made the police would not conduct themselves in the fashion they do.

I hope he takes them to the cleaners--all they understand is (a) loss of their jobs and (b) loss of money in lawsuits.

If the police would respect the rights of the people then there wouldn't be a need to sue. They can't stand it when a citizen stands up for him/herself. If the people would hold their employees accountable maybe this would not have happened to begin with.

Spartacus

Banned
A day late and a dollar short imo. I mean, why wait so long? ...

IMO there will be a string of judicial wins for us in the near future and Brad is just riding the wave. His case appears to have merit if the details of the article were correct.

IMO he needs to lawyer-up though. Its spendy but it could make the difference when the litigation begins unless the defendants attempt a settlement.

B

bhancock

IMO there will be a string of judicial wins for us in the near future and Brad is just riding the wave. His case appears to have merit if the details of the article were correct.

IMO he needs to lawyer-up though. Its spendy but it could make the difference when the litigation begins unless the defendants attempt a settlement.

I agree. I think the timing is just right, coming on the heels of Mc Donald and a changing political climate that will be more supportive of individual's rights. A few wins of civil suits will help keep the pressure on for the authorities to operate within the limits of the law. We need to help the 'spin' be against the idea of money hungry lawsuits, but to keep the topic on the civil rights violations and the plaintiffs right to damages.

MKEgal

Good luck Brad!
They need some education, especially since they _repeatedly_ harassed you.

IMO there will be a string of judicial wins for us in the near future

::whistling innocently, & enjoying the beautiful puffy clouds in the bright blue sky::

(There really needs to be a "whistling innocently" smiley. BTW, where did the smiley list go?)

Dave Workman

The difference between good guys and bad guys

"...Contrast that with the scenario played out on Aug. 15 down in SeaTac, where dozens of open carry activists gathered at an apartment complex for an annual barbecue. There were lots of people, both male and female, legally packing firearms, having a good time, and nobody suffered so much as a scratch. These are the good guys."

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-seattle/the-difference-between-good-guys-and-bad-guys

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/28xtt3v

AaronS

I know that Brad does check this forum from time to time, and I just wanted to wish him good luck in his case. His arrest was what woke me up to the gun rights fight. All this from a man just digging a hole in his yard...

xenophon

I know that Brad does check this forum from time to time, and I just wanted to wish him good luck in his case. His arrest was what woke me up to the gun rights fight. All this from a man just digging a hole in his yard...

Yeah sometimes it's something simple that kicks off a movement and progress.

We thank you West Allis. Really.