• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UOC today

avdrummerboy

Well, myself, g21owner, and his mother went on an open carry adventure today. As I was expecting, nothing happened. I was carrying my Glock 21, with mags on weak side, g21owner was carrying his (wait for it :) ) Glock 21, and his mother was carrying a 38 revolver.

We started at del taco, grabbed a bite to eat and some drinks, sat a talked for a while, mostly about guns and stuff :) No one at del taco said anything, no one freaked out, a few stares, but nothing came of it. After about 25 minutes we got tired of that and decided that we would go on a walk and see if we could stir up any conversation and educate a few people.

We walked over to lowes, not planning on buying anything, but just to get out of the heat at that point. As soon as we entered, we walked past a group of people, not a single one noticed. We kept going and turned down a main isle. As we moved down there, there were two employees who I know saw us but didn't say anything. We went to the garden section and left. Once again no one cared, no one freaked out, the gun didn't jump out of the holster, nothing that scares Saldana and company.

We then made our way to Stater Bros. and walked through. There were more people in there than in Lowes but once again no one freaked out, nothing bad happened. There were a few good stares at the three of us with our guns on but nothing came of it.

After that we made our way over to walgreens and walked through, once again no one said anything, though to be fair no one was really in there.

After that, the Tea Party protesters came and gathered in front of walgreens and so we figured we would go and join them, of course we were more than welcome. I managed to get another friend out with his 1911 to carry with us, as well as three of my other friends who were there as friendly witnesses. I ended up leaving after about 45 minutes.

All in all, a very good open carry day, albeit hot, no scared people, nothing happened, no police, no 12031 e's, will happen again soon!

g21owner

Yeah man it was good meeting you, we definitely need to do this again. Those Tea Partyers are a trip aren't they? Good people though. Next time I'm thinking the Mall, someplace more crowded? I took some video, but it's boring.

Last edited: