Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chatham CO. OPEN RANGE DAY ALL INVITED

Wink Chatham CO. OPEN RANGE DAY ALL INVITED

I have a large tract of land available to me near US1 and Old Hwy US1, close to New Hill, NC (30 min. south of Raleigh)

There are fields for clay busting, plenty of trees to pin pistol targets to, and a rifle lane of descending grade that stretches at least 300 yards.

All forum members are welcome to attend, but I will need an accurate count of those who are interested.

What I'd like to do is put this out there, get everyone's input on a date and time, and try to cater to the majority as best I can.

I'd also like to have someone with "range master" experience as I can do this but my experience is limited to corralling very small groups at one time.

Definitely shooting for a weekend date within the next month.

You'll need:

Guns and ammo
    Targets and a way to secure them (I use paper plates and push pins, large cardboard boxes would also be great)
    hearing / eye protection
    A car capable of traveling down a dirt road with a few bumps (my transam can make it)
    A good sense of gun safety practices and willingness to pick up your brass

I met with 6 or so forum members some months ago had we had a "blast"! Let's do it again!

So if you're interested please throw out some dates you think you could attend.

-Adam

Do we have a time/date settled? Or are we seeing whos interested?
    Taurus PT1911 .45 ACP. Carried in condition 1, with a total of 25 rounds.

Vice President of Students for Concealed Carry on Campus, ECU Chapter

That's the purpose of my post; to gauge interest, and find a good date.

I'm single (although I do know a girl who would get pissed at me for saying that) and rarely have real work to do on weekends so I'm kinda wide open.

If a lot of interest came up I'd drag the grill out there and cook some burgers and dogs too.

I don't know that many of you personally but this would be a great way to meet a bunch of folks and do what we all love to do in the process.

I might be interested, if it fits my schedule. I could even give "exilin77" a ride.

But I think between the two of us and our firearms, we won't have room for any more people in my vehicle. Especially if I bring my clay thrower...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
    I might be interested in driving out from Greensboro. I guess a lot of it depends on what day & time.
    Carry on!

Ok so now is the time to start throwing out some available dates. Like I said I'm pretty much wide open on the weekends so let me know:

9-4, 9-5?
    9-11, 9-12?
    9-18, 9-19?

Preble & I are going to be in the area on 9/18. We're carpooling to a firearm retention training class @ 6pm @ Rapid Fitness on Glenwood Ave. in Raleigh. I need to check with him, but perhaps we could make a day of it. Go shooting with you guys earlier in the day, and then split to go to the class later.

So I guess 9/18 is my suggestion.
    Last edited by Ruger; 08-24-2010 at 10:51 PM.
    Carry on!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    I might be interested, if it fits my schedule. I could even give "exilin77" a ride.

But I think between the two of us and our firearms, we won't have room for any more people in my vehicle. Especially if I bring my clay thrower...
    If you need more room in there with all those firearms, I will be happy to hold onto your S14 for you
    Carry on!

double tapped it
    Last edited by Smith45acp; 08-24-2010 at 10:56 PM. Reason: dbl post

There's a chance I could make 9/18. It's definitely a maybe, but if you settle on that date I'll see what I can do.

Tentatively scheduled for september 18th

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger View Post
    If you need more room in there with all those firearms, I will be happy to hold onto your S14 for you

Not a chance, bro...

But I've got a single-shot Savage-Stevens 410 shotgun you could hold...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

The 18th works for me. I just got to get someone to cover my work shift, which shouldn't be too hard.

I'll have a new shotgun to try out too

I'm working on building some "steel challenge" type circular knockdown targets, and I may also build some kind of idpa silhouette layout. I wonder if their website has ideas for layouts / courses?

Ooh, sounds fun.

I'll school all who show up with my 91/30

I just got my welder to cut me some round steel plates. I'm going to fashion us some stands for a little steel challenge setup so we'll have something else to plink at.

Of course I'm going to practice my butt off before you guys get there to lessen any embarrassment from my spray and pray technique.

There's a possibility I might have up to 3 friends coming with me. Depends on their financial situation, where they are physically (one's in Quantico, VA), and how many bullets they can spare. 1 of them more than likely will not go, but the other two are in the air right now.

edit: i'll make sure I don't shoot the 91/30 at the steel plates, otherwise there will be holes in them....

I also have one of those twirly targets that are perfect for 22's, so i'll bring that with me too
    Last edited by elixin77; 09-02-2010 at 08:38 PM.

I also have one of those twirly targets for rimfire, and I can bring it too if we need it.

I also have an unopened case of clays, and new clay thrower I've been wanting to try out, if folks want to bust some clays...

Exilin77, if your friends want to come but don't have enough ammo, I have a mess of 12ga shotshells, .22LR and .45acp ball ammo, and would gladly let a few boxes go at cost...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 09-03-2010 at 01:11 AM.
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

I'll be up for busting some clays. Granted, i'll have a tacticool shotgun, but its a shotgun regardless

One of my friends is really interested in wanting to go, and all he has to do is procure some ammo.

My friend up in Quantico has to make sure he has permission to come down before he can, and he needs to decide if he wants to do a 4 hour drive

Overall, too many variables right now. When the date gets closer, I'll have a better idea of who can come and who can't, so we'll let you know Smith45ACP

Sounds good.

I've had decent luck stopping in random Walmarts lately. Some have had good supplies.

Regardless, I'm not a rich man either. So when I go out I usually shoot 50-100 .45's and 200 or so .22lr's. .22 is great practice and costs pennies. I love it.

Bump...

Just a reminder to mark your calenders, get your firearms cleaned and lubed, and stock up on ammo and targets...

I'll be there with bells on.
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Hello, Id like to come. iv been on this forum for a wile but never really posted anything. it would be nice to come out and shoot outdoors, iv only been to indoor ranges. and it would be nice to meet new people too.

Quote Originally Posted by 6370 View Post
    Hello, Id like to come. iv been on this forum for a wile but never really posted anything. it would be nice to come out and shoot outdoors, iv only been to indoor ranges. and it would be nice to meet new people too.
    You better come or we'll talk about you behind your back.

I've only met a couple of these guys, a couple of times.

So there are no cliques and everyone is welcome to join.

We'll have a couple lanes set up and take turns.

I just spent some decent scratch on ammo at walmart so I'm all set

lol, i guess ill have to come now. lol. thanks for that.

im free almost all weekends. im definitely free on 9-11 or are we all trying to agree on one date?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast