• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chatham CO. OPEN RANGE DAY ALL INVITED

spinner

Open shoot day

6370 you were right I called S&W and told them what broke on my gun and they said they'll send out a new one in 7 to 10 day's. I don't have to pay for it, no question's, no hassle, no problem's. Don't have to send the gun to them or even return the broken piece. If everything I bought that broke or didn't work was that easy to return I would have alot less stress in my life. Grant it, I don't think it should have broke in the first place but I had to replace a rear sight that that came off my son's new 410 one time ( I should but I won't say the brand name ). 20$ + shipping on a 120$ gun, (bad design in my opinion). So with the service I got I won't think twice about getting another S&W in the future. Dreamer, I felt the worst for you that day. There is nothing worse than buying a gun, then going to shoot it, and then it doesn't work (except it breaking in the middle of shooting like in my case). I hope after you clean it out and oil everything you have better luck with it next time. I will agree with you though, 45's ruger was the sleeper of the day. I don't know what it was about that 22 but I think if you gave that gun to Hellen Keller to shoot she would put a whole magazine in the 10 at a 100 yards. I don't know if anyone else shot Wayne's Russian pistol but, I was really impressed with that one too. It was like the 22, I felt like no matter what I aimed at and how far it was it would find it's mark. I was also impressed with Wayne himself who drove 2 1/2 hour's to get there, That's dedication to me. Ryan (sorry I don't know everyone's screen name) was another. All these guy's buying 5,000$ shot gun's to shoot clay's, when he was busting them one after another with a swat type shot gun with a 22 inch or so barrel, nice job. Not to make this too long but, The REAL sleeper of the day was 6370. It was his first gun, he never shot anything else, and had little to no experience, (my arss). Either he's lying or he is the most naturally gifted shooter in the world. I mean this kid hit everything with every gun, pistol, shot gun, rifle. 6370 give up your day job, you were really impressive. If you shot that good on your first time I can't imagine what you'll be like after you shoot for awhile. I hope you had alot of fun. I know I said it 10 time's already but thanks again to 45 for setting up and spending the time to make sure everyone had a good time.

Dreamer

I know there were some folks taking pictures of this event. When are the pics going to get posted? Hopefully this weekend. I'm eager to see photos of the day's events...

spinner, im happy to hear that your getting your gun fixed. hopefully you have it back for the next meet. i love the customer service most of our guns have. i wish every company was like that. spinner, your making me blush takling about my shooting. i think it was beginners luck, lol. i had a blast trying everyone's guns, thank you guys for sharing. i cant wait to do it again. sorry it toke so long for me to post the pics. its been a busy week. but here they are.

Attachments

• IMAG0029 copy.jpg
    IMAG0029 copy.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 90
  • IMAG0022.jpg
    IMAG0022.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 87
  • IMAG0020.jpg
    IMAG0020.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 90
  • IMAG0019.jpg
    IMAG0019.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC_7353 copy.jpg
    DSC_7353 copy.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC_7352 copy.jpg
    DSC_7352 copy.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC_7344 copy.jpg
    DSC_7344 copy.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC_7341 copy.jpg
    DSC_7341 copy.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC_7325 copy.jpg
    DSC_7325 copy.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC_7323 copy.jpg
    DSC_7323 copy.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

i wish i took some better pics but i was to busy shooting LOL :)

Attachments

• DSC_7318 copy.jpg
    DSC_7318 copy.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC_7316 copy.jpg
    DSC_7316 copy.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC_7314 copy.jpg
    DSC_7314 copy.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 85

elixin77

didn't someone take a picture of me and spinner's son at the 'rifle range?' I'd like to request that pic if it's available.

Oh, and thats me busting that clay with my 'tacticool' mall ninja shotgun. Everyone else had these shotguns that were built for clay shooting, and here I come with my 590A1 and kick everyone's a$$'s :banana::banana:

spinner

6370, good pics wish there were a bunch more. What were all those stars next to your name though on the paper ( just kidding ). That's ok my name didn't have a 2'nd time, we all know the story of that. you could have at least put my time in with 45's 22, and added a couple of second's (cause that gun was crazy accurate) The best pic was 45's hammer though, that was funny.

spinner

didn't someone take a picture of me and spinner's son at the 'rifle range?' I'd like to request that pic if it's available.

Oh, and thats me busting that clay with my 'tacticool' mall ninja shotgun. Everyone else had these shotguns that were built for clay shooting, and here I come with my 590A1 and kick everyone's a$$'s :banana::banana:

you changed my mind about having a long barrel to shoot clay's after I saw how good you did with your's. GOD BLESS

elixin77

you changed my mind about having a long barrel to shoot clay's after I saw how good you did with your's. GOD BLESS

The gun doesn't make the person, the person makes the gun. Just keep that in mind.

I was at a greater disadvantage at longer range because my shot spread faster than everyone elses - could explain why I was able to pick off the birds at such close range easily, but once they got farther away, it was harder for me to hit them

Dreamer

I was at a greater disadvantage at longer range because my shot spread faster than everyone elses - could explain why I was able to pick off the birds at such close range easily, but once they got farther away, it was harder for me to hit them

That would explain why I was usually able to break the few birds that you missed. The 28" barrel on my Mossy has much better range than than the 18" on yours. But I was having difficulty hitting them close in, because my shot doesn't spread out much until it's about 20 or 30 yards out...

elixin77

In closing: use a short barrel shotgun if you have reflexes of a cat, and the speed of a mongoose, or use a long barrel if you dont :banana::banana:

Dreamer

Yeah, but I've got new glasses now, so I can actually SEE those little clays better.

Don't get too cocky, young-un. Old age and experience will ultimately prevail over youthful enthusiasm... :p

spinner

Hey Dreamer, QUOTE'S FROM ELIXIN 77 SO FAR " reflexes of a cat, and the speed of a mongoose,the gun doesn't make the person, the person makes the gun,I was able to pick off the birds at such close range easily,Oh, and thats me busting that clay with my 'tacticool' mall ninja shotgun,and here I come with my 590A1 and kick everyone's a$$'s ". Holy cow I just gave him one compliment, but I think I created a monster. LMAO. GOD BLESS.

Smith45acp

This thread has turned hilarious. Shooting and egos do often go hand in hand.

I'm headed out for a few hours this Saturday, the 2nd to mostly just work on my course. Of course I'll have to shoot a bit to make sure it's working!

If you wanna join me let me know.

I posted earlier calling for Sunday the 3rd but that got replaced with a date who is way prettier than any of you.

rotorhead

This thread has turned hilarious. Shooting and egos do often go hand in hand.

I'm headed out for a few hours this Saturday, the 2nd to mostly just work on my course. Of course I'll have to shoot a bit to make sure it's working!

If you wanna join me let me know.

I posted earlier calling for Sunday the 3rd but that got replaced with a date who is way prettier than any of you.

Hmm maybe you could combine the date with a bunch of people you barely know and guns? What better way to impress a date? :)

elixin77

Don't get too cocky, young-un. Old age and experience will ultimately prevail over youthful enthusiasm... :p

That can be true... but can old age and experience get the bird 15 feet from the launcher? :banana:

the gun doesn't make the person, the person makes the gun

That was my attempt at being slightly humble, lol. I hear that phrase a lot whenever I go paintballing, and see someone who has a $1.5k tricked out marker, and I have a $150 marker that does the same thing (send paintballs downrange)

I know next time I go clay shooting with dreamer, he's going to have it where the launcher is 30 feet away or so, that way it'll be hard as crap for me to hit :banana:

merc460

That can be true... but can old age and experience get the bird 15 feet from the launcher? :banana:

That was my attempt at being slightly humble, lol. I hear that phrase a lot whenever I go paintballing, and see someone who has a $1.5k tricked out marker, and I have a $150 marker that does the same thing (send paintballs downrange)

I know next time I go clay shooting with dreamer, he's going to have it where the launcher is 30 feet away or so, that way it'll be hard as crap for me to hit :banana:

Maybe try operating the thrower a couple rounds so it wears you down a bit like the rest of us. ;)

elixin77

Maybe try operating the thrower a couple rounds so it wears you down a bit like the rest of us. ;)

Hey, I operated that thing... once or twice...

It looked like everyone else who was working the machine was having a blast, so I didn't want to take away their fun :banana::banana: