• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walmart - Germantown

xenophon

Good experience at Walmart. Went shopping for a few miscellaneous items, with pistol on the hip. Greeter said hello as usual. Don't think too many noticed, but wasn't paying too much attention as I don't care what people think anyhow.

Now I'll admit I'm still pretty new to this all, haven't been out much with OC. Just acted like I usually do, going about my shopping.

In the checkout line, a very nice 5'10" blond in front of me dropped a magazine. I picked it up for her and said I got it, and got a smile and a thanks from her. She continued to look back now and then and smile. On the way out in the parking lot, she was by her minivan packing up, and again turned around and gave a smile. Now boys, she had a wedding ring and so do I, so I don't wanna hear any of this "you should have gone and talked to her!".

Blondie aside, I'm not out to impress the ladies or get reactions, just express the freedom and exercise something I think is important.

Good experience, I hope future ones are just as good.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Good experience at Walmart. Went shopping for a few miscellaneous items, with pistol on the hip. Greeter said hello as usual. Don't think too many noticed, but wasn't paying too much attention as I don't care what people think anyhow.

Now I'll admit I'm still pretty new to this all, haven't been out much with OC. Just acted like I usually do, going about my shopping.

In the checkout line, a very nice 5'10" blond in front of me dropped a magazine. I picked it up for her and said I got it, and got a smile and a thanks from her. She continued to look back now and then and smile. On the way out in the parking lot, she was by her minivan packing up, and again turned around and gave a smile. Now boys, she had a wedding ring and so do I, so I don't wanna hear any of this "you should have gone and talked to her!".

Blondie aside, I'm not out to impress the ladies or get reactions, just express the freedom and exercise something I think is important.

Good experience, I hope future ones are just as good.

dude, ya should have went back and talked to her, she might have been an unhhappily married woman. I think the pistola was a turn on.

M

McX

she was smiling as she was basking in the glow of your deterrent effect.

xenophon

In my single days, I would have talked to her faster than Chief Flynn spewing disapproval of open carry. She was wearing a nice jean skirt with nice legs. Always when you have a ring do the gals start flirting with you it seems.

MKEgal

Always when you have a ring do the gals start flirting with you it seems.

This gal's opinion on the matter, and a small glimpse into the complicated female psyche...:

Flirting with married guys is SAFE.
I know it's not going to result in anything more than a few giggles & an ego boost, for either of us.
Flirting is fun, it's a way to show that you're interested & interesting, but can be taken only as far as you let it.
Draw the line ahead of time & then have fun not crossing it.

I don't worry when my guy flirts, because I trust him.
I think he's a little unhappy when I get attention from other guys (not because I've any intention of making off with them instead of him; he's just a little insecure).

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
I used to hate the faux-faggots in college that the girls would date for their supposed safety. But then I had a 'girl' threaten to take a woody-driver (heh heh heh) to me for messin' with her girl. Forty plus years later the girlfriend is still a good close friend, not interested in men and the 'mother' of a nice young man.

Last edited: