• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mention Open Carry in Restaurant Reviews

DoomGoober

When I'm eating out with friends, I'm always worried that some restaurant is going to ask me to leave for open carrying. To avoid this hassle, I'm proposing that OC members who write restaurant reviews (on yelp.com, urbanspoon.com or anything similar) include a quick comment about whether the restaurant is open carry friendly or unfriendly.

Besides helping other OC'ers it also spreads the word on OC. People reading restaurant reviews will learn about OC and the more reviews they see talking about OC will remind them how common place and natural it is. Win, win!

I usually write something like this, "They were open carry friendly. The hostess clearly saw my handgun and didn't say anything." It explains open carry without making a bid deal about it.

Deleted_User

Being an avid Yelper myself, this is an interesting suggestion. I just might include this in some upcoming yelps.

joejoejoe

I am going to Olive Garden tomorrow night (164th and Mill Plain in Vancouver). Anyone OC here? I am nervous about OCing in a restaurant, but I'm gonna do it!

Joe~

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
I am going to Olive Garden tomorrow night (164th and Mill Plain in Vancouver). Anyone OC here? I am nervous about OCing in a restaurant, but I'm gonna do it!

Joe~

I have never at Olive Garden (because I don't like their food) but I have at many other restruants with no issues. I always refrain from even a single beer if I OC.

Kildars

Joe~

I've heard Olive Garden has no firearms signs posted and/or they have corporate policy against carrying firearms on the property.

Last edited:

amzbrady

Took my son to the spage,,, spegett,,,, spehg,,,,, noodle factory in Seattle for his birthday last week, no problems there. I cant recommend the Lasagna though. It tasted like Stouffers, out of Wal-Marts freezer section. We had to ask for the free bread too.

DoomGoober

Took my son to the spage,,, spegett,,,, spehg,,,,, noodle factory in Seattle for his birthday last week, no problems there. I cant recommend the Lasagna though.
Completely irrelevant, but I think I just laughed my arse off.

joejoejoe

Thanks for the update. It's raining like cats and dogs here anyways, and I don't OC in the rain. I will check when I get there to see if there are any signs.

Joe~