Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wayne Co. Sherriff's post refuses to take down illegal "no firearms" sign "again"???

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Angry Wayne Co. Sherriff's post refuses to take down illegal "no firearms" sign "again"???

I had an appointment near the scene of last month's incident with the illegal sign at the Henry Ruff office {Westland, MI.} of the Wayne County Sheriff's office. Sprinklerguy28 had a conversation with the officer in charge Lt. Praydel (sorry if I misspelled his name). At the end of which it seemed that they would move the sign away from the "public" lobby area & place it near the half door that leads to the secure areas. See links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXNLjuGVfPU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh8Xc...eature=related

After speaking with this officer today it is clear he will not be moving the sign without a direct order from a superior. He states that to date he has received no such order?

Banned
    Follow through is everything.

The sign holds NO authority so who cares! If its misleading people, then oh well, the people who dont know the gun laws, dont care about it because they dont carry guns.

If the Sheriff department thinks that a sign on the door is going to stop a crazy person from running in with gun and trying to shoot a bunch of deputies, then a big LOL to that!

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy05 View Post
    The sign holds NO authority so who cares! If its misleading people, then oh well, the people who dont know the gun laws, dont care about it because they dont carry guns.

If the Sheriff department thinks that a sign on the door is going to stop a crazy person from running in with gun and trying to shoot a bunch of deputies, then a big LOL to that!
    I disagree. Just because someone doesn't know every gun law in michigan doesn't mean they don't care, there are way too many laws for everyone to learn them all. The police should not be misleading the public and once notified they should be required by law to conform.

And..."subject to search"...wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy05 View Post

Also this just invites the deputies to illegally harass legal fire arm carriers.
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Banned
    1st, 2nd, and 4th amendment violations without due process, consent, warrant, probable cause, allegation, chrage, conviction, sentencing, ....... you get the idea.

illegal sign at police stations

If they are not going to remove the sign we need a massive email,calling, and faxing to the chief and the mayor.Do it every day until they cry uncle. Stay legal but drive them nuts.All you techie guys can do it well.

Question

Has anyone been able to reach Sheriff Benny Nepolean? I can't find contact # for his office anywhere. General # goes to voice mail that never gets returned?

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    Has anyone been able to reach Sheriff Benny Nepolean? I can't find contact # for his office anywhere. General # goes to voice mail that never gets returned?
    I've left 4 messages so far, with no response. Next week I will be making a trip downtown.

Benny was a customer of mine for years back when he worked for Detroit. I'm sure he'd be shocked to see me OCing, asking him to take down his illegal signs.

Quote Originally Posted by sprinklerguy28 View Post
    I've left 4 messages so far, with no response. Next week I will be making a trip downtown.
    Let me know when & I'll be there! I enjoy watching you speak with officials.

I'm down for a visit to Benny's office Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by scot623 View Post
    I'm down for a visit to Benny's office Monday.
    I'm in, gas up the OC mobile. Once a time is set Scot623 or I will post a time.

;)

Roger OC Man, Atomic batteries to power, turbines to speed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdu0xRmq3AY
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 08-29-2010 at 02:43 AM.

fire up the warp drive scotty, i need MORE POWER!

Something is rotten in Wayne County..., oh wait!..., it always has been.
    I can not get enough of how Detroit and Company think that they are above State Law.
    By the way..., same thing goes for Flint, Michigan too.
    Last edited by aadvark; 08-29-2010 at 02:07 PM.

i will try to make it on monday as well, depending on the time.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

date/time?
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Sprinklerguy and I went down there today. They have the same "no firearms" sign at the headquarters too. In fact, they demand ID before they let you talk to anyone. We wouldn't give ID so we were told we couldn't talk to anyone or come into the building. We told them we would speak to someone outside if need be. After some huffing and puffing, the officer at the desk went and talked to an IA sergeant. He came out and and immediately knew who Sprinker was and said he had watched the video from Henry Ruff. He asked if were video taping now! Ha! He was a very friendly and professional officer. He gave us a complaint form, the name and the phone number for Benny's secretary to make an appointment. Only Benny can authorize taking the signs down. The next phase is trying to get an appointment with the Sheriff. We'll update as things move forward.
    Last edited by scot623; 08-30-2010 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scot623 View Post
    Sprinklerguy and I went down there today. They have the same "no firearms" sign at the headquarters too. In fact, they demand ID before they let you talk to anyone. We wouldn't give ID so we were told we couldn't talk to anyone or come into the building. We told them we would speak to someone outside if need be. After some huffing and puffing, the officer at the desk went and talked to an IA sergeant. He came out and and immediately knew who Sprinker was and said he had watched the video from Henry Ruff. He asked if were video taping now! Ha! He was a very friendly and professional officer. He gave us a complaint form, the name and the phone number for Benny's secretary to make an appointment. Only Benny can authorize taking the signs down. The next phase is trying to get an appointment with the Sheriff. We'll update as things move forward.
    Good job. Should have asked for a second complaint form for the desk officer's unprofessional behavior.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
    Great news!

The no firearms sign on the front door at the Sheriffs station in Westland, MI on Henry Ruff at Michigan Ave. has been taken down!

There's a new "yellow" sign in it's place that reads:

NO FIREARMS
    ALLOWED IN THE
    SECURED AREAS OF
    THIS BUILDING
    I would like to thank whoever made the decision to take down the non-legal sign.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by dougwg View Post
    Great news!

The no firearms sign on the front door at the Sheriffs station in Westland, MI on Henry Ruff at Michigan Ave. has been taken down!

There's a new "yellow" sign in it's place that reads:

NO FIREARMS
    ALLOWED IN THE
    SECURED AREAS OF
    THIS BUILDING
    I would like to thank whoever made the decision to take down the non-legal sign.

Thank you.
    Woo-Hoo!

Good job Fellas

LOL.. awesome. You Michigan boys don't screw around!
    While many claim to support the right to keep and bear arms, precious few support the practice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast