• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wayne Co. Sherriff's post refuses to take down illegal "no firearms" sign "again"???

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Wayne Co. Sherriff's post refuses to take down illegal "no firearms" sign "again"???

Outsdie.jpg

2ndDoor_a.jpg

I had an appointment near the scene of last month's incident with the illegal sign at the Henry Ruff office {Westland, MI.} of the Wayne County Sheriff's office. Sprinklerguy28 had a conversation with the officer in charge Lt. Praydel (sorry if I misspelled his name). At the end of which it seemed that they would move the sign away from the "public" lobby area & place it near the half door that leads to the secure areas. See links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXNLjuGVfPU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh8Xc_cteO8&feature=related

After speaking with this officer today it is clear he will not be moving the sign without a direct order from a superior. He states that to date he has received no such order?

jeremy05

The sign holds NO authority so who cares! If its misleading people, then oh well, the people who dont know the gun laws, dont care about it because they dont carry guns.

If the Sheriff department thinks that a sign on the door is going to stop a crazy person from running in with gun and trying to shoot a bunch of deputies, then a big LOL to that!

detroit_fan

The sign holds NO authority so who cares! If its misleading people, then oh well, the people who dont know the gun laws, dont care about it because they dont carry guns.

If the Sheriff department thinks that a sign on the door is going to stop a crazy person from running in with gun and trying to shoot a bunch of deputies, then a big LOL to that!

I disagree. Just because someone doesn't know every gun law in michigan doesn't mean they don't care, there are way too many laws for everyone to learn them all. The police should not be misleading the public and once notified they should be required by law to conform.

eastmeyers

Also this just invites the deputies to illegally harass legal fire arm carriers.

thekunk47

illegal sign at police stations

If they are not going to remove the sign we need a massive email,calling, and faxing to the chief and the mayor.Do it every day until they cry uncle. Stay legal but drive them nuts.All you techie guys can do it well.

aadvark

Something is rotten in Wayne County..., oh wait!..., it always has been.
I can not get enough of how Detroit and Company think that they are above State Law.
By the way..., same thing goes for Flint, Michigan too.

Last edited:

scot623

Sprinklerguy and I went down there today. They have the same "no firearms" sign at the headquarters too. In fact, they demand ID before they let you talk to anyone. We wouldn't give ID so we were told we couldn't talk to anyone or come into the building. We told them we would speak to someone outside if need be. After some huffing and puffing, the officer at the desk went and talked to an IA sergeant. He came out and and immediately knew who Sprinker was and said he had watched the video from Henry Ruff. He asked if were video taping now! Ha! He was a very friendly and professional officer. He gave us a complaint form, the name and the phone number for Benny's secretary to make an appointment. Only Benny can authorize taking the signs down. The next phase is trying to get an appointment with the Sheriff. We'll update as things move forward.

Last edited: