• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wayne Co. Sherriff's post refuses to take down illegal "no firearms" sign "again"???

ghostrider

Sprinklerguy and I went down there today. They have the same "no firearms" sign at the headquarters too. In fact, they demand ID before they let you talk to anyone. We wouldn't give ID so we were told we couldn't talk to anyone or come into the building. We told them we would speak to someone outside if need be. After some huffing and puffing, the officer at the desk went and talked to an IA sergeant. He came out and and immediately knew who Sprinker was and said he had watched the video from Henry Ruff. He asked if were video taping now! Ha! He was a very friendly and professional officer. He gave us a complaint form, the name and the phone number for Benny's secretary to make an appointment. Only Benny can authorize taking the signs down. The next phase is trying to get an appointment with the Sheriff. We'll update as things move forward.

Good job. Should have asked for a second complaint form for the desk officer's unprofessional behavior.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
Great news!

The no firearms sign on the front door at the Sheriffs station in Westland, MI on Henry Ruff at Michigan Ave. has been taken down!

There's a new "yellow" sign in it's place that reads:

NO FIREARMS
ALLOWED IN THE
SECURED AREAS OF
THIS BUILDING
I would like to thank whoever made the decision to take down the non-legal sign.

Thank you.​

PDinDetroit

Great news!

The no firearms sign on the front door at the Sheriffs station in Westland, MI on Henry Ruff at Michigan Ave. has been taken down!

There's a new "yellow" sign in it's place that reads:

NO FIREARMS
ALLOWED IN THE
SECURED AREAS OF
THIS BUILDING
I would like to thank whoever made the decision to take down the non-legal sign.

Thank you.​

Woo-Hoo!

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Something tells me:

Benny just didn't want to sit down with with our guys & face the possibility of bad press over this, so abracadabra! New signs!

Good on Benny for doing the right thing. Bad on all officials who have to be "lead kicking and screaming" to obey their own laws!

Bailenforcer

It will not work unless we fire them. Yes fire your whole city administration as they make the rules and they are not keeping the Police Dept's under law. Am I the only one who see's just how dangerous it is to have LAW makers, and LAW enforcers disobeying the laws?

If they are not going to remove the sign we need a massive email,calling, and faxing to the chief and the mayor.Do it every day until they cry uncle. Stay legal but drive them nuts.All you techie guys can do it well.

sasha601

If they are not going to remove the sign we need a massive email,calling, and faxing to the chief and the mayor.Do it every day until they cry uncle. Stay legal but drive them nuts.All you techie guys can do it well.

Can you provide more specifics please? Which police station(s) has illegal signs? Were they contacted? any response?

See above posts after threads merged.

sprinklerguy28

I wonder if I will still get a call back on Tuesday. Benny's secretary said she would call to schedule a meeting. I'm thinking I shouldn't hold my breath. Even though they drug their feet I am happy that they complied with the law. I also must say the Sgt. from Internal affairs Scot623 and I spoke with was very professional. I have no doubt he addressed this issue knowing we would follow through.

Thank you to those who have made trips there, questioned the sign, or wrote emails to the Sheriff's Department. It's great to see our efforts continuing and getting results.

DanM

LOL.. awesome. You Michigan boys don't screw around! :lol:

I think it's fair to say Michigan is among the national leaders in OC activity and defending and expanding RKBA.

And, in Michigan, we are fortunate to have a lot of individuals around stepping up to take formal and informal leadership in addressing authorities at the state and local levels. The amount of accomplishment for RKBA here in Michigan, both publicized and not publicized, would not be possible otherwise.

I salute and give a humble "thank you" to all you active Michigan OC'ers. The successes would not be possible without you.

Now, get out there and do more! :D