Thread: Open carry in Riverside county

Open carry in Riverside county

]i live in riverside county, and i want to join a open carry group, can someone here steer me in the right direction.

If you have read our anecdotes, studied the limitations of carry according to the penal code and have confidence in your understanding of the risks and benefits of open carry, you are your own group.

Remember the army's old catch phrase?... "Army of One"...

It applies here.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tye View Post
    ]i live in riverside county, and i want to join a open carry group, can someone here steer me in the right direction.
    Tye if you are new to this and you would feel more comfortable being in a crowd the first few times maybe we could get together in the future and start something. If you are interested, another member (a definate maybe) and myself will be heading to the range (or near there) this weekend. If you'd like to come along, let me know. I just got notice this AM, and am waiting on the specifics. Anyone else same applies.
    Last edited by PincheOgro1; 08-29-2010 at 04:42 AM.

Im in riverside county also but have yet to even see someone open carry out here. I would like to see an event out here also i dont think it is wise to go out by ourselves. The buddy system would probably be a better practice.

Also i would be interested in a group event in riverside county.

Hi Tye.
    I'm in Riverside. I open carry almost everywhere, daily.
    Did you say you're buyin'?
    Just kidding. I'm retired. If you wanna have coffee and open carry, give me a call. 880 5367.
    It's in my profile.
    Rich Keagy
    Last edited by Rich Keagy; 08-25-2010 at 10:07 PM.

Thumbs up Norco Open Carry

Try www.NorcoOpenCarry.org they are just starting.

San jacinto

I'm also a new gun owner would like to be with a group first to oc in riverside county

Probably we could get together go to a gun range and hand around as a group

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ranchero View Post
    Try www.NorcoOpenCarry.org they are just starting.
    Having trouble opening your site with IE. Do I need different browser?
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Be cautious throughout Riverside, Corona, Norco, etc. There are too many schools planted along major drags in Riverside County. It is one of the cities where it really is like a minefield for GFSZ's. Plan ahead and be sure that any venue will not land a 626.9 violation...
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

Want to oc

Does anyone no somebody who oc's in Clearlake area, or Lakeport. I have yet to oc, but would like to start. I would prefeer company for obvious reasons. Thank you for any reply.

I'm from California is it illegal to take my 5 year old shooting to the open shooting range?

oc in SBD

im in SBD and i OC. lets do it !

Quote Originally Posted by Beto View Post
    I'm from California is it illegal to take my 5 year old shooting to the open shooting range?

I don't think it is - you just have to obviously keep safety in mind. My two-year-old LOVES it when I'm out shooting! I just put a set of industrial ear muffs on him, and he laughs and such... *starting early for him*
    IT is better to have a gun on you and NOT need it, than to need a gun and NOT have it on you...

Need Open Carry Buddy!

I live in Corona and was looking for someone to open carry with.
    Just email me: ShivneelSingh@me.com

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    With all do respect, sir - nobody here knows you. I would be foolish for anyone to send an unknown their email address. We have a PM (private message) system in place for such communications that is of no use to outside sources that otherwise might misuse a personal email address.

I recommend that you edit/delete your email address from your post.

Suggest you do some reading on the forum to see who the participants are and/or look for a meet n' greet near in your area.

BTW - you do know that this thread is over 2 years old, right?
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 04-02-2013 at 12:18 AM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    With all do respect, sir - nobody here knows you. I would be foolish for anyone to send an unknown their email address. We have a PM (private message) system in place for such communications that is of no use to outside sources that otherwise might misuse a personal email address.

Suggest you do some reading on the forum to see who the participants are and/or look for a meet n' greet near in your area.

Completely oblivious.

It would be reasonable to assume that the poster is not aware of any additional restrictions.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Quote Originally Posted by ConditionThree View Post
    Completely oblivious.

It would be reasonable to assume that the poster is not aware of any additional restrictions.

you guys are mean XD

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ConditionThree View Post
    Completely oblivious.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesm760 View Post
    you guys are mean XD
    Crusty, flinty, and mostly tolerant, but never mean, particularly never XD mean.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Cool Open Carry in California

Hey guys, It has been a while since I last posted here. My ex wife accused me of DV and I have been w/o a firearm since 9/2010. Is it safe to assume that open carry is still legal in Ca, providing you do not enter gubment bldgs. or 1000 feet from a school still? Can someone update me on the requirements? I am hoping to get my guns back within the next year. I did not do any DV. I was lying in bed asleep. I was setup. Its a pity. I am no longer married to that lying sos. I have moved on to bigger and brighter things.