• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry in Riverside county

Tye

]i live in riverside county, and i want to join a open carry group, can someone here steer me in the right direction.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
If you have read our anecdotes, studied the limitations of carry according to the penal code and have confidence in your understanding of the risks and benefits of open carry, you are your own group.

Remember the army's old catch phrase?... "Army of One"...

It applies here.

PincheOgro1

]i live in riverside county, and i want to join a open carry group, can someone here steer me in the right direction.

Tye if you are new to this and you would feel more comfortable being in a crowd the first few times maybe we could get together in the future and start something. If you are interested, another member (a definate maybe) and myself will be heading to the range (or near there) this weekend. If you'd like to come along, let me know. I just got notice this AM, and am waiting on the specifics. Anyone else same applies.

Last edited:

C.FERGUSON

Im in riverside county also but have yet to even see someone open carry out here. I would like to see an event out here also i dont think it is wise to go out by ourselves. The buddy system would probably be a better practice.

Rich Keagy

Hi Tye.
I'm in Riverside. I open carry almost everywhere, daily.
Did you say you're buyin'?
Just kidding. I'm retired. If you wanna have coffee and open carry, give me a call. 880 5367.
It's in my profile.
Rich Keagy

Last edited:

demnogis

Be cautious throughout Riverside, Corona, Norco, etc. There are too many schools planted along major drags in Riverside County. It is one of the cities where it really is like a minefield for GFSZ's. Plan ahead and be sure that any venue will not land a 626.9 violation...

OC-2A

Want to oc

Does anyone no somebody who oc's in Clearlake area, or Lakeport. I have yet to oc, but would like to start. I would prefeer company for obvious reasons. Thank you for any reply.

Beto

I'm from California is it illegal to take my 5 year old shooting to the open shooting range?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DooFster

I'm from California is it illegal to take my 5 year old shooting to the open shooting range?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think it is - you just have to obviously keep safety in mind. My two-year-old LOVES it when I'm out shooting! I just put a set of industrial ear muffs on him, and he laughs and such... *starting early for him* :)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
With all do respect, sir - nobody here knows you. I would be foolish for anyone to send an unknown their email address. We have a PM (private message) system in place for such communications that is of no use to outside sources that otherwise might misuse a personal email address.

I recommend that you edit/delete your email address from your post.

Suggest you do some reading on the forum to see who the participants are and/or look for a meet n' greet near in your area.

BTW - you do know that this thread is over 2 years old, right?

Last edited:

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
With all do respect, sir - nobody here knows you. I would be foolish for anyone to send an unknown their email address. We have a PM (private message) system in place for such communications that is of no use to outside sources that otherwise might misuse a personal email address.

Suggest you do some reading on the forum to see who the participants are and/or look for a meet n' greet near in your area.

Completely oblivious.

It would be reasonable to assume that the poster is not aware of any additional restrictions.

Jamesm760

Completely oblivious.

It would be reasonable to assume that the poster is not aware of any additional restrictions.

you guys are mean XD :lol:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Completely oblivious.

you guys are mean XD :lol:

Crusty, flinty, and mostly tolerant, but never mean, particularly never XD mean. :)