• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Zombies Got Lawyers! OMG!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
This is for all the zombie-fighters on OCDO.

Many on this forum have relished the planning for resisting and surviving an apocalyptic take-over by zombies.

Now we find out zombies have lawyers. No, really! And, they won a rights violation settlement against Minneapolis.

Is there no level to which lawyers won't stoop? Although, I have heard some call that profession "flesh-eating", so maybe the alliance is not all that surprising.

But, what does this portend for zombie-fighters everywhere? What are the next zombie rights litigated? How do the undead even have legal status? Will some judges be sympathetic out of a feeling of fellowship? How will the federal circuits split? Will there even be a circuit split? We need Gura on our side on this one!

Here is the story on this ground-breaking development:

Zombies Scare Minneapolis into Cash Settlement

Seven zombies accused of carrying weapons of mass destruction will be staggering to the bank shortly with a bundle of cash, courtesy of a legal settlement with the City of Minneapolis...
The seven were arrested in 2006 during Aquatennial while dressed for a "Night of the Living Dead"...
The cops busted the seven for disorderly conduct and said the zombies' homemade public address rig looked like a weapon of mass destruction. The zombies spent some brief, scary time in jail, where the cops confiscated one protester's very real prosthetic leg...

Hart Van Denburg, Citipages website

http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2010/08/zombies_scare_m.php

Jack House

Soooo they were arrested because dressing up like zombies made them look like "WMDs"? :banghead:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Soooo they were arrested because dressing up like zombies made them look like "WMDs"?

No. No. No. They got arrested because their PA system looked like a WMD. Well, that and the cops twisted the whole picture into disorderly conduct. You know, like anybody who saw that bunch walking down the street would immediately be provoked into committing a breach of the peace. Obviously, it was Al Queda with a WMD instead of some party-goers dressed weird.

And, you know how some police are. A court tells them they do not have to exclude all possible innocent explanations and some cops twist and expand it to mean they are required to ignore all innocent explanations, while any innocent explanation automatically converts reasonable suspicion into probable cause.

rodbender

No. No. No. They got arrested because their PA system looked like a WMD. Well, that and the cops twisted the whole picture into disorderly conduct. You know, like anybody who saw that bunch walking down the street would immediately be provoked into committing a breach of the peace. Obviously, it was Al Queda with a WMD instead of some party-goers dressed weird.

And, you know how some police are. A court tells them they do not have to exclude all possible innocent explanations and some cops twist and expand it to mean they are required to ignore all innocent explanations, while any innocent explanation automatically converts reasonable suspicion into probable cause.

OK. (In a whisper) Now what did he just say? Oh That, Ok.

Dreamer

I'm waiting for the day when printing presses are categorised as "WMDs". When that day comes, my picture will be on Post Office walls for certain...

We have FOUR boxes to stand on, with which to control the Government:
--the ballet box,
--the "soap box",
--the printers type box,
--as the ultimate last resort, the cartridge box...

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP We have FOUR boxes to stand on, with which to control the Government:
--the ballet box,
--the "soap box",
--the printers type box,
--as the ultimate last resort, the cartridge box...

I can never afford a box at the ballet. Regular seating for me. :D

(Sorry, I couldn't help it.)

Jack House

Technically, pending on the state you live in, any illegal weapon or weapon component is a weapon of mass destruction. :uhoh:

Last edited: