• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New OC piece and a hunting rifle! :D

Tawnos

sig226_rem700_resized.jpg

Sig 226 elite in 9mm
Remington 700 in 7mm Rem Mag, with sling, bipod and leupold vx-2 3-16 scope.

The first I bought a few weeks ago, it got in on Friday but I was finally able to get over to WCA to pick it up. The second I saw while looking at seattleguns.net - $500. Very very happy, as I now have a hunting rifle!

amlevin

sig226_rem700_resized.jpg

Sig 226 elite in 9mm
Remington 700 in 7mm Rem Mag, with sling, bipod and leupold vx-2 3-16 scope.

The first I bought a few weeks ago, it got in on Friday but I was finally able to get over to WCA to pick it up. The second I saw while looking at seattleguns.net - $500. Very very happy, as I now have a hunting rifle!

Careful Tawnos. When you buy a couple of fine firearms like these you will start wanting more. Next thing you know you'll need a safe the size of a commercial freezer.

Can't go wrong with Sig or Remington.

Tawnos

Nice! That's some money right there. I'd like a decent long range rifle but it's not in the budget.

Yeah, it's been an expensive month. Between the platinum membership at WCA and the new guns, I'm going to have to cut back :(

Shame, because I want to get a dillon for reloading now that I have saved up brass and have a reason to reload :) Going through 100-200 rounds a week, even of 9mm, gets pricey v.v

amlevin said:
Careful Tawnos. When you buy a couple of fine firearms like these you will start wanting more. Next thing you know you'll need a safe the size of a commercial freezer.
Well, it's not as big as a commercial freezer, but it is pretty large (pictured in its old location, have to get a new pic :D):
IMG_0353%20%28768x1024%29.jpg

tombrewster421

I bought a 30/30 and a 12 ga for $100 from a guy I worked with ten years ago and have never been hunting before. I'm gonna finish my hunter safety course on the 11th next month though so I'm really excited to finally be able to use that rifle.

amlevin

Shame, because I want to get a dillon for reloading now that I have saved up brass and have a reason to reload :) Going through 100-200 rounds a week, even of 9mm, gets pricey v.v

I made this investment several years ago. When you are ready, go for the gusto with an XL-650. I couln't be happier with mine. You don't have to get it with the automatic case feeder at first if you want to save some $$ but don't let anyone talk you into the 550. Don't get me wrong, the 550 is a great machine but the 650 is better. Most start shooting more ammo when they can reload and save money, not less. With my 650 I can crank our 300-500 rounds of 9mm in a short session. I went for the Case Feeder and several Tool Heads. Takes me about 10 minutes to change from 9mm to .223 or back. Also have the case feeder. One session I was able to load just over 1,000 rounds in an hour. Had primer tubes loaded in advance and wife filled brass hopper and powder tube as it got low. Great machine.

A couple of great places to buy one are either from Dillon direct or Brian Enos (http://brianenos.com/store/home.html). Watch for their "free freight" promo's. Also save on the "you know what" (hint: some people call it Sales Tax).

Ask most any reloader and they will tell you about their collection of equipment. Anyone who shoots any volume and started with single stage, or cheap progressive's (like Lee), sooner or later end up with an XL-650. Same money and go for it the first time.