• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

California open carry victory BBQ, Pot Luck Picnic, 25 SEP Antioch, CA

jsebclark

All OPEN CARRIERS, Families, Friends, Citizens, and Guests are hereby welcomed to attend to exercise and get educated about California Open Carry laws. Donation $5.00 per person. Hot Dogs, Hamburgers and more.

PLEASE R.S.V.P. so we know how many people to expect.

108 Hillside Road
Antioch, CA

Date: Saturday, September 25, 2010

Time: 10:00am to 05:00pm

If you plan on exercising your 2nd amendment right in public please make sure to do your homework. All are welcome whether or not you plan to exercise you God given, constitutionally recognized, 2nd amendment right.

jsebclark

P.S.

For those who are in the know this event will be either a celebration of Victory or a peaceful demonstration of unconstituational California Gun Laws. Don't miss out! :banana:

wewd

I won't be attending (not going to drive 500 miles for a meetup :D) but I thought I would do some checking for everyone. Anyone attending be advised that the church is very close to several GFSZs. The church property itself is clear of any danger, but don't walk off the property without your firearm secured. High school to the west is only 1200ft away.

PincheOgro1

Okay. So what is stopping you from having an event in your vicinity on the same date and time?

Sir I found out yesterday afternoon Chelene Nightingale will be at the Costa Mesa Gun Show (Orange County Fair Grounds) Saturday 8/28/2010. I'm thinking about going there. I plan on voting for her in November. I'm thinking about having some bumper stickers/ yard signs made to donate to the cause.

I am a little autistic so for event planning, I'd prefer if someone else did it. I can contribute though.

Take Care

Iopencarry

ATTENTION All OPEN CARRIERS Their Families, Friends, Citizens, and Guests are hereby welcome to attend. Lets make this a huge event Everyone's invited. Donation $5.00 Per Person. Hot Dogs, Hamburgers and more.

To all of my friends who love and support our 2nd Amendment Rights, this will be a very special BBQ event hosted by Gus Konstantaras and East Bay Open Carry. We are expecting a huge turnout, and, as always, a great time will be had by all. We'll discuss the monumentally historic victories that we've achieved in the State Legislature this year by stopping each and every single gun control bill cold in their tracks and, most importantly, how to take this initiative and use the momentum to strike down every single draconian gun control law in California in the future. This will be THE EVENT to attend, my friends! Come and join me for a great time!

PLEASE R.S.V.P. so we know how many people to expect.
http://www.responsiblecitizensofcalifornia.org/events/open-carriers-appreciation-bbq?rsvpConfirm=1

jsebclark

Reminder

Just wanted to remind everyone that is local that we are two weeks away from a very meaningful educational BBQ. Please mark your calendars and invite everyone you know.

Ciao!

farkles

Since LEOs most likely will also make it, please, as always have a video camera or smart phone ready to put some footage up on youtube.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
Since LEOs most likely will also make it, please, as always have a video camera or smart phone ready to put some footage up on youtube.

The object of audio and video recording police encounters is to document events as they happen, because not everyone is able to remember precisely what happened under stress. It is a reasonable precaution, as not all law enforcement officers act in accordance with the constitution and the laws in their state. This is not for entertainment purposes and should not be posted on Youtube for public consumption until it has been reviewed by counsel.

JJ

+1

As we have have OC events in Antioch for some time now, WE do not expect any problems with LEO's. We have invited some to come. Hope they do.
We have NEVER had any negative interactions with APD.

As quoted above, Antioch PD is very respectful of our rights and is used to seeing open carriers around town, as there are quite a few of us who carry regularly. They know OCers are law abiding citizens who don't cause any problems, however, I do still carry a voice recorder and video recording device just in case. :)

P.S. I have never been e checked in Antioch and have been carrying here for almost a year on a regular basis.....

Last edited: