• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

County Auditors office

Metalhead47

IT appears the Island County Auditor's office isn't happy with the chickenscratch signature on my recent ballot, so now I've got to head up there and straighten the matter out. The office is on the IC gov't campus, but is in a separate building from both the jail & couthouse.

Soooo....

Not only am I legal to carry in there, they can't prohibit me from doing so or make me go put it away, am I correct?

Phssthpok

You are correct.

It might be helpful to print out and have handy the following:

RCW 9.41.290
RCW 9.41.300
RCW 9.92.120
RCW 9A.36.070
RCW 9A.80.010
RCW 9A.80.020
RCW 42.20.040
RCW 42.20.080
RCW 42.20.100

Metalhead47

I don't think it has to be legible, it just has to match the card they have on file.

Yeah, that's the issue alright. My signature has gotten kinda sloppy of late. I'm actually suprised anyone would be paying attention. :eek:

Have yet to be in a position where I was obligated to stand my ground on OCing. Just wanna be sure I got all my ducks in a row (easier to aim that way).

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Yeah, that's the issue alright. My signature has gotten kinda sloppy of late. I'm actually suprised anyone would be paying attention. :eek:

Have yet to be in a position where I was obligated to stand my ground on OCing. Just wanna be sure I got all my ducks in a row (easier to aim that way).

It is a county employee.:lol: