• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greensboro News & Record: More Guns, less Crime

Preble

High Point, North Carolina, United States
lol @ Doug.

I bet he lives in a gated community with an alarm on his house and a 24/7 security guard.

Some big shot with an office, that has a big ol' window and a view.

He is the boss, so he has no reason for self defense, because he dose not live in the real world.

Dreamer

I see lots of familiar names, with lots of rational, well-thought-out, and well-documented refutations of this article. Good job guys!

I wonder how this "Doug Clark" guy feels about Jews, or Hindu's or Pagans carrying firearms for self-defense in their particular places of worship? Their "scriptures" are decidedly PRO-self-defense, and make no bones about it...

I guess Doug thinks that that a Christian must be a defenseless sheep, because the "shepherd" will always watch over his flock...

Yeah right...

Denying people the FUNDAMENTAL HUMAN RIGHT of self defense is immoral, no matter WHERE they are--in their home, car, church, in a restaurant, bank, or school.

People like this "Doug" guy make me worry for the future of the human race. He is an embarrassment to the species...

farkles

I see lots of familiar names, with lots of rational, well-thought-out, and well-documented refutations of this article. Good job guys!

I wonder how this "Doug Clark" guy feels about Jews, or Hindu's or Pagans carrying firearms for self-defense in their particular places of worship? Their "scriptures" are decidedly PRO-self-defense, and make no bones about it...

I guess Doug thinks that that a Christian must be a defenseless sheep, because the "shepherd" will always watch over his flock...

Yeah right...

Denying people the FUNDAMENTAL HUMAN RIGHT of self defense is immoral, no matter WHERE they are--in their home, car, church, in a restaurant, bank, or school.

People like this "Doug" guy make me worry for the future of the human race. He is an embarrassment to the species...

Right on....I am ashamed that he lives in my city and writes on my city's newspaper. Waste of tree and ink and oxygen.