• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OK I need some opinions ...

rotty

Working out a trade with a local guy and here is what it is .. tell me if you think its a good deal.

I have a 6 mo old XD.45 with 3 high cap mags,1 10 rd mag, mag pouch,fobus paddle, and original packaging.

Trading for -
Glock 22 .40 cal. It comes with 2 15 round .40 cal mags, .40 glock factory barrel, glock gtl factory light, 1 33 round 9mm mag, LWD (lone wolf distibutors) .40-9mm conversion barrel extended with 1/2x28 threading, "INERT NINE" LWD FAKE SUPPRESSOR (it is not a real supressor just acts as a barrel extension draws lots of looks though), trijicon night sights(installed), factory glock sights, factory glock case, and a serpa holster. . yes the gun shoots .40 cal and 9mm with the respective barrel installed. the gun is mint with 50 rds of .40 cal through it and 100 rds of 9mm

Good deal ? Bad Deal ?

Last edited:

daddy4count

Personally I would take the XD over the Glock any day of the week (my current carry gun is a XD-45 Tactical)

But straight value to value the Glock package is worth far more than the XD. If you could get him to go for it then do it, IMO. I would bet the 9mm conversion kit alone is worth as much as your XD. Throw in the threaded, extended barrel with "training supressor" and it's really a no-brainer.

I think there is likely something wrong with the gun or something wrong with him... but it would be a sweet trade otherwise.

Last edited:

rotty

I think there is likely something wrong with the gun or something wrong with him... but it would be a sweet trade otherwise.

I decided to meet this gentlemen at the range so we can each test the weapons. I want to be able to break it down, check for wear, test fire, etc before turning over my pistol.

The other question I have is .. can I call local PD and have them run the Serial # on the gun to be sure its legit ?

rotty

Well .. I do have a .45 option in my G30 .. I already have a G22c .. and wouldn't mind having the non compensated model. It really seems like a fair deal to me ... and recently I have decided that at least for now .. Glock is my pistol of choice.

Thanks for all the feedback ... finally like minded individuals who know what I am talking about.

VERY glad I joined this community!

daddy4count

The other question I have is .. can I call local PD and have them run the Serial # on the gun to be sure its legit ?
One way to find out... call them and ask.

You could also ask the smithy at the shop to give the gun a once-over... just to look for something a professional eye could catch that yours may miss?

minuteman

I prefer the XD, but with the extras its well worth it. It does sound too good to be true, but you never know.

I dont know if I would go as far as having the local PD run the numbers. Do you mean before you trade or after?

Ask for receipts, people normally keep them for guns. If that is a no go I would maybe stay away. I would for sure ask to see an ID and copy down all the info so you can clearly explain where it came from if it does come up stolen.