• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dessert Shooting Locations in the Surrounding Las Vegas Area

Dangerfish

Havent confirmed this but at the shooting park the other day they were telling me that BLM was going to start cracking down on anyone in the desert.

Sabotage70

Havent confirmed this but at the shooting park the other day they were telling me that BLM was going to start cracking down on anyone in the desert.

They already shut down all the desert to off-road travel around my house(Mountains Edge). :cuss:

I know they're not catching me(YZ426), my kids(YZ250f's) might even be able to out run them. But my nephew on the the other hand, is slow as hell on his little ttr125.:monkey

Sabotage70

You can't outrun the radio.

I know that, but what happens when there is no one to radio. ;)

About 5 years ago me, my brother, my kids(on smaller bikes), a friend and his father in-law where out riding in the north end of the valley where the new shooting park is now. We seen a white Tahoe earlier in the area possibly ticketing some car that was out there. We continue to ride away from him going about 10 or so miles up some trails. On the way back to our trucks we seen him, and this time it looked like he was waiting for us. me and my brother would have made it, but the slower ones stopped so we had to turn around.:( I think what pissed him off the most was that we road into a protected wildlife area. Me, my brother and his friend who actually got away but turned around to check on us, each got a ticket costing I think around $200. His FIL didn't get fined sense he was following us.

Nevada carrier

Lovell Canyon Site

I use the Lovell canyon shooting spot. its not to far and i love it.

Indeed, I took a look at the Lovell Canyon site and it was quite messy, but I'll probably use this one as it's far enough out that I feel comfortable. I took a picture of the posted rules regarding shooting in the Spring Mountain National Recreation Area. It is not a County, State or National Park. I also took a couple pictures of the site. it is 5.6 miles from the NH160 turn off. The rules read:

Target shooting is prohibited within the RRCNCA. Shooting is allowed within the SMNRA. The following acts are prohibited. Discharging a firearm or any other implement capable of taking human life, causing injury or damaging property: (1) in or within 150 yards of a residence, building, campsite, developed recreation site or occupied area; or (2) across or on a Forest Development Road or a body of water adjacent thereto, or in any manner or place whereby any person or property is exposed to injury or damage as a result of such discharge.

0827001523.jpg

0827001510.jpg

0827001510a.jpg

Remmy

Ya know, I suspect that the closing of some popular shooting spots in the desert are more so related to the fact that shooters that frequent these spots are PIGS! and do not clean up their trash. The first time i ever went out to mile marker 18? i believe off the 95 I was shocked at the amount of garbage left at these places. Frickin television sets, cars, refrigerators you name it, it was out there and shot to hell.

I remember as a child growing up around firearms my father would take me to a place on BLM land known as cherry creek to shoot. It was closed down due to garbage and trash being left as well as people shooting up the signs, buildings that were there "barns" and pretty much anything else.

It would not surprise me that we are losing our shooting spots due to the massive amounts of garbage and trash that people leave at these places.

Would be a great community service, PR campaign, for the OC movement, as well as most likely make the news if they are informed to hold an event of OCers cleaning up this garbage at popular shooting locations.

Last edited:

Nevada carrier

Ya know, I suspect that the closing of some popular shooting spots in the desert are more so related to the fact that shooters that frequent these spots are PIGS! and do not clean up their trash. The first time i ever went out to mile marker 18? i believe off the 95 I was shocked at the amount of garbage left at these places. Frickin television sets, cars, refrigerators you name it, it was out there and shot to hell.

I remember as a child growing up around firearms my father would take me to a place on BLM land known as cherry creek to shoot. It was closed down due to garbage and trash being left as well as people shooting up the signs, buildings that were there "barns" and pretty much anything else.

It would not surprise me that we are loosing our shooting spots due to the massive amounts of garbage and trash that people leave at these places.

Would be a great community service, PR campaign, for the OC movement, as well as most likely make the news if they are informed to hold an event of OCers cleaning up this garbage at popular shooting locations.

We can start with Lovell Canyon. Besides how the hell am I going to pick up my own brass if everyone else's **** is strewn across the ground.

I say we do some clean ups and leave a sign behind telling people to clean up after themselves.

Sabotage70

I use the Lovell canyon shooting spot. its not to far and i love it.

NED DRAGONS....POWER PIG, HELLO

Nice seeing you over here. So when you going to make it to one of our meet-ups? We can take a pic together and send it Bubba and Ellis. If you don't have a shirt, I have one for you to wear. That's if you can wear an XL. I have a few that are still in descent shape. ;)

I don't want to hi-jack the thread but I'll ad an old photo of me and the fatman.

<-------Former Mark

Die fat man, die. :D

meandbubbawarrow.jpg

demoniacraven

Desert Shooting Locations...

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see any other spots listed besides the Lovell Canyon shooting location. I was wondering if anyone knew of other places to go shooting in the desert?

Sabotage70

It's not quite in Nye county but just past the top of the "hump" is Lovell Canyon.

Here is a google map someone over one Nevada Shooters has put together. they even put the indoor ranges on it also.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...7307845970885075787.00045c5aeb297782be565&z=9
^^^^
Click on the link. There are spots in all directions just outside of town.

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see any other spots listed besides the Lovell Canyon shooting location. I was wondering if anyone knew of other places to go shooting in the desert?

Ronsmag

Was out at the Sloan (hub cap) area today we had a good time but the place is a mess maybe we should do a clean up out there we took our trash but we left some bricks and wood boards to put targets on with the weather getting nice it will be good shooting out there if some one would like to form a clean up shoot I'm in it's easy to find it's out Las Vegas Blvd mile post 12