• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dessert Shooting Locations in the Surrounding Las Vegas Area

erikuchanstervegas

I have found it enjoyable that while shooting out in the BLM area where there is a lot of garbage to pick up as much brass and other goodies as possible. Today being New Years Eve, the area was packed with people shooting. A buddy and I went around after we finished shooting to all of the locations where people were set up and collected more than 50 pounds of brass. The local recycling places are offering $1.60 per pound. We just made our money back from the ammo we spent and have enough left over for a lot of new ammo.

Ya know, I suspect that the closing of some popular shooting spots in the desert are more so related to the fact that shooters that frequent these spots are PIGS! and do not clean up their trash. The first time i ever went out to mile marker 18? i believe off the 95 I was shocked at the amount of garbage left at these places. Frickin television sets, cars, refrigerators you name it, it was out there and shot to hell.

I remember as a child growing up around firearms my father would take me to a place on BLM land known as cherry creek to shoot. It was closed down due to garbage and trash being left as well as people shooting up the signs, buildings that were there "barns" and pretty much anything else.

It would not surprise me that we are losing our shooting spots due to the massive amounts of garbage and trash that people leave at these places.

Would be a great community service, PR campaign, for the OC movement, as well as most likely make the news if they are informed to hold an event of OCers cleaning up this garbage at popular shooting locations.

Dodoandduck

Desert shooting

I've been shooting at a spot between Sloan/Jean spot and the Hubcap spot. Dirt road that cuts off from the paved one down into an old dig. We've had a BLM officer contact us out there and the only concern was that we policed our brass and were only using bio-degradable (pumpkins) or targets that we took down and with us. Seems that trash is the concern. I grew up in Southern California and our shooting spots kept getting shut down and moved further east until there were none left open. I'm all for a clean up OC shoot, hell even just a clean up for the cause.

loic

I usually go next to Devils canyon its about a 30 minutes trail to get there. very very few people there. I pick up my brass ( i reload my ammo)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

JackOR

They already shut down all the desert to off-road travel around my house(Mountains Edge). :cuss:

I know they're not catching me(YZ426), my kids(YZ250f's) might even be able to out run them. But my nephew on the the other hand, is slow as hell on his little ttr125.:monkey

Can it outrun the chopper ;)

trippje

Hello everyone. I am new to this sight but I am willing to help out with clean ups in the future. I just moved to Las Vegas and I am currently buying a home in North Las Vegas and I am interested in getting involved with shooting out here. I am also interested in getting involved with open carry events.

The Big Guy

Hello everyone. I am new to this sight but I am willing to help out with clean ups in the future. I just moved to Las Vegas and I am currently buying a home in North Las Vegas and I am interested in getting involved with shooting out here. I am also interested in getting involved with open carry events.

Welcome to the forum.

TBG

Joe Kline

Shotgun Shooting locations around Vegas desert

I'm going to visit Vegas in a few weeks and would like to bring my shotgun with me. I planned on buying a box of clays, a flinger, and a box of shells to practice in the desert. Can you give me any locations where you think I can make that happen (legally)?

Is there a map that shows locations were public shooting is legal?