Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oshkosh Gun Show (Aug. 27, 28, 29)

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc.'s Avatar

Oshkosh Gun Show (Aug. 27, 28, 29)

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. will be at the Oshkosh Gun Show this weekend (28, 28, 29).

Oshkosh Sunnyview Expo
    500 E. Cty. Rd. Y
    Oshkosh, WI

Friday 3PM-8PM
    Saturday 9AM-5PM
    Sunday 9AM-3PM

We could still use some help at the table Friday evening, Saturday morning, and Sunday. If you are a WCI member, this is an opportunity to meet some of those on the founders list or become a founder list member yourself.

Please email or PM if you are able to help.

Hope to see you there,

Hubert Hoffman, Vice President
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    P.O. Box 270403
    Milwaukee, WI. 53227
    Hubert@wisconsincarry.org
    608-792-0669
    http://www.wisconsincarry.org
    Hubert Hoffman, Vice President
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    P.O. Box 270403
    Milwaukee, WI. 53227
    Hubert@wisconsincarry.org
    608-792-0669
    http://www.wisconsincarry.org
    Disclaimer: Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Banned

Thumbs up Time to Step Up...

Hubert has been carrying a heavy load going to shows and meet-and-greets all over the state and now with the recent loss of his wife is asking for hand.

Manning a table is easy... answer a few simple questions and sign up the willing and able.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    I wonder if the arrant I_Knight errant will show up or if he's all oral service?

Question

OC allowed at the Show?

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qball54208 View Post
    OC allowed at the Show?
    I am told that there were some issues with OC in the past, so they check all sidearms at the door.

I will be there Friday, but cannot work the entire show. Need two people to cover Sunday, and one more to help Saturday.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    I wonder if the arrant I_Knight errant will show up or if he's all oral service?
    Last weekend I and others helped out WCI at the at the Glenwood City picnic; this weekend I have committed to go to Delavan for the meet-up at Startbucks on Sunday and in a few weeks Serpent and I will be taking over for Hubert at the Wausau gun show, all involving long hours of driving, hotels and gas at our own expense.

I wonder if you will ever come out of your ivory tower and make an effort for somebody besides yourself. It must be nice driving in circles on Washington Island mowing your little acre, drinking Capital Wheat Beer and tilting at windmills, but some of us live in the real world.

Banned
    I already have my Grassroots Guerrilla Pin for working for gun rights in the real world. I honor it far beyond (the corporate) your approval.

I live here to avoid contact with unpleasant reprobates, slaves and the arrantly errant Anony Mouse.

Banned
    I already have my Grassroots Guerrilla Pin for working for gun rights in the real world. I honor it far beyond (the corporate) your approval.

I live here to avoid contact with unpleasant reprobates, slaves and the arrantly errant Anony Mouse.
    COMMENT REMOVED BY MODERATOR: Personal attack

Banned
    Prayerfully that's your last word.

I have attended literally hundreds of gun shows during the past 30 years. I am beginning to get upset with the hypocricy of gun show promoters. I would suspect that 90 plus percent of gun show promoters, exibitors and attendees support the carry of firearms for personal protection, yet the carry of firearms is prohibited at the shows. I can understand a prohibition if the show is conducted in a public building (although public building is ill defined in state statutes and case law). I do not understand if the show is conducted on non-public property. If the issue is insurance coverage or that the show is in a public building, then let the signs state so, not imply that the show promoters believe in the slogan "do as I say, not as I do" and with total disregard for our constitutional rights.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I have committed to go to Delavan for the meet-up at Startbucks on Sunday
    So.... I get to see if you are as annoying in real life?!?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    So.... I get to see if you are as annoying in real life?!?
    Worse... much worse. According to my ex-wife I'm ugly and my feet smell bad.

Banned
    I already have my Grassroots Guerrilla Pin for working for gun rights in the real world.
    IDK how many times I have heard the "I've done my part" excuse. It gets old.

You go ahead and pontificate from your armchair Dougie while the rest of us work until we have full constitutional carry in WI. It may take years but it will happen.

The right to keep and bear arms is the one thing that needs to be assured as all other rights stem from or are protected by it.

Banned

Banned
    ^^^ Just another excuse to do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by bnhcomputing View Post
    I am told that there were some issues with OC in the past, so they check all sidearms at the door.

I will be there Friday, but cannot work the entire show. Need two people to cover Sunday, and one more to help Saturday.
    So....no on OC?

I will probably end up going. Just because, really. I like to wander arround and drool over everything that I can't afford to actually buy
    Last edited by PakRatJR; 08-26-2010 at 08:53 PM.
    It's all fun and games until someone flash bangs the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    I have attended literally hundreds of gun shows during the past 30 years. I am beginning to get upset with the hypocricy of gun show promoters. I would suspect that 90 plus percent of gun show promoters, exibitors and attendees support the carry of firearms for personal protection, yet the carry of firearms is prohibited at the shows. I can understand a prohibition if the show is conducted in a public building (although public building is ill defined in state statutes and case law). I do not understand if the show is conducted on non-public property. If the issue is insurance coverage or that the show is in a public building, then let the signs state so, not imply that the show promoters believe in the slogan "do as I say, not as I do" and with total disregard for our constitutional rights.
    The last 3 gun shows I have been to, I just told the person checking firearms that I am not selling it, I carry it for personal protection and it stays in my holster. I have not been told NO yet.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    The last 3 gun shows I have been to, I just told the person checking firearms that I am not selling it, I carry it for personal protection and it stays in my holster. I have not been told NO yet.
    That won't fly at the Bob and Rocco shows around LaCrosse. I was able to carry, but unloaded with a nylon tie through the action.

McX
    so sparticus, you gonna take that sword your wielding in your avitar? i'd like to see them put a zip tie around that sucker!

That won't fly at the Bob and Rocco shows around LaCrosse. I was able to carry, but unloaded with a nylon tie through the action.
    Yes it did.

At the Onalaska show, it was not the guy checking guns that made you zip tie your gun, if you can rememeber.

So they check guns that are being sold at the door to make sure none are loaded. Explain that your gun is for personal carry and will not leave its holster.

They really should not have a problem with that, if they do its very strange to promote the right to carry at a place that bans open carry.

Banned
    Yes it did.

At the Onalaska show, it was not the guy checking guns that made you zip tie your gun, if you can rememeber.
    Yah after he saw me a few times he relaxed. But at first they made me zip it and then I took off the tie while at the table.

Whatever, you know? So we can't be cocked and locked at a gun show. Is it a big deal in the long-term?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by minuteman View Post
    So they check guns that are being sold at the door to make sure none are loaded. Explain that your gun is for personal carry and will not leave its holster.

They really should not have a problem with that, if they do its very strange to promote the right to carry at a place that bans open carry.
    Hell man, I was at a friggen gun club and asked to unload my carry piece. At a rod and gun club for crying out loud! lol

Gun clubs are the worst places sometimes. Today I was out at the LaCrosse Gun Club and they were having a National long-distance rifle shoot. I watched for a while and got bored so I loaded up my 22 pistol and started shooting steel plates way off from where the rifle guys were. Lo and behold, about 10 minutes later the rangemaster comes over and tells me to stop shooting as I am making too much noise!!! lolol my 22 was bothering the .308 shooters....

Yah after he saw me a few times he relaxed. But at first they made me zip it and then I took off the tie while at the table.

Whatever, you know? So we can't be cocked and locked at a gun show. Is it a big deal in the long-term?
    I told the guy that I was not selling and I carry it for personal protection and is loaded. After that, he did not want to touch it and said I did not have to unload it. The guy running the WCI booth made me unload and zip tie it.

Banned
    The guy running the WCI booth made me unload and zip tie it.
    If you are talking about our fearless leader, you may remember that we were fortunate to even be in a Bob and Rocco show at all at that time. He has since mended bridges with Pucci and I'm sure all is forgiven.

However, the B&R shows do have a policy of no loaded guns so unless and until we can change that, we have to respect their policy.

The Apostle Paul said, "I have become all things to all men in order to save some.", and I think we have to give little inches sometimes to gain miles. There will be a time when perhaps we will have to become immovable, but not yet IMO.
    Last edited by Spartacus; 08-28-2010 at 08:13 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast