• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oshkosh Gun Show (Aug. 27, 28, 29)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wisconsin Carry Inc.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Wisconsin Carry, Inc. will be at the Oshkosh Gun Show this weekend (28, 28, 29).

Oshkosh Sunnyview Expo
500 E. Cty. Rd. Y
Oshkosh, WI

Friday 3PM-8PM
Saturday 9AM-5PM
Sunday 9AM-3PM

We could still use some help at the table Friday evening, Saturday morning, and Sunday. If you are a WCI member, this is an opportunity to meet some of those on the founders list or become a founder list member yourself.

Please email or PM if you are able to help.

Hope to see you there,

Hubert Hoffman, Vice President
Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
P.O. Box 270403
Milwaukee, WI. 53227
Hubert@wisconsincarry.org
608-792-0669
http://www.wisconsincarry.org

Spartacus

Banned
Time to Step Up...

Hubert has been carrying a heavy load going to shows and meet-and-greets all over the state and now with the recent loss of his wife is asking for hand.

Manning a table is easy... answer a few simple questions and sign up the willing and able.

Spartacus

Banned
I wonder if the arrant I_Knight errant will show up or if he's all oral service?

Last weekend I and others helped out WCI at the at the Glenwood City picnic; this weekend I have committed to go to Delavan for the meet-up at Startbucks on Sunday and in a few weeks Serpent and I will be taking over for Hubert at the Wausau gun show, all involving long hours of driving, hotels and gas at our own expense.

I wonder if you will ever come out of your ivory tower and make an effort for somebody besides yourself. It must be nice driving in circles on Washington Island mowing your little acre, drinking Capital Wheat Beer and tilting at windmills, but some of us live in the real world.

Captain Nemo

I have attended literally hundreds of gun shows during the past 30 years. I am beginning to get upset with the hypocricy of gun show promoters. I would suspect that 90 plus percent of gun show promoters, exibitors and attendees support the carry of firearms for personal protection, yet the carry of firearms is prohibited at the shows. I can understand a prohibition if the show is conducted in a public building (although public building is ill defined in state statutes and case law). I do not understand if the show is conducted on non-public property. If the issue is insurance coverage or that the show is in a public building, then let the signs state so, not imply that the show promoters believe in the slogan "do as I say, not as I do" and with total disregard for our constitutional rights.

Spartacus

Banned
I already have my Grassroots Guerrilla Pin for working for gun rights in the real world.

IDK how many times I have heard the "I've done my part" excuse. It gets old.

You go ahead and pontificate from your armchair Dougie while the rest of us work until we have full constitutional carry in WI. It may take years but it will happen.

The right to keep and bear arms is the one thing that needs to be assured as all other rights stem from or are protected by it.

PakRatJR

I am told that there were some issues with OC in the past, so they check all sidearms at the door.

I will be there Friday, but cannot work the entire show. Need two people to cover Sunday, and one more to help Saturday.

So....no on OC? :(

I will probably end up going. Just because, really. I like to wander arround and drool over everything that I can't afford to actually buy :rolleyes:

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

I have attended literally hundreds of gun shows during the past 30 years. I am beginning to get upset with the hypocricy of gun show promoters. I would suspect that 90 plus percent of gun show promoters, exibitors and attendees support the carry of firearms for personal protection, yet the carry of firearms is prohibited at the shows. I can understand a prohibition if the show is conducted in a public building (although public building is ill defined in state statutes and case law). I do not understand if the show is conducted on non-public property. If the issue is insurance coverage or that the show is in a public building, then let the signs state so, not imply that the show promoters believe in the slogan "do as I say, not as I do" and with total disregard for our constitutional rights.

The last 3 gun shows I have been to, I just told the person checking firearms that I am not selling it, I carry it for personal protection and it stays in my holster. I have not been told NO yet.

Spartacus

Banned
The last 3 gun shows I have been to, I just told the person checking firearms that I am not selling it, I carry it for personal protection and it stays in my holster. I have not been told NO yet.

That won't fly at the Bob and Rocco shows around LaCrosse. I was able to carry, but unloaded with a nylon tie through the action.

M

McX

so sparticus, you gonna take that sword your wielding in your avitar? i'd like to see them put a zip tie around that sucker!

Status
Not open for further replies.