• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OK that was interesting......

Sheldon

OK one of my (too many) hobbies is Pyrotechnics, and my Pro Pyro group (The HPA) had a club shoot Saturday. This shoot is attended by people from multiple states, Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky and of coarse Mi which is were the shoot was.... It was hot, nice area, good people, lots of new things to learn, and I went from CC to OC abandoning my over shirt to keep cool...

N had heaps of questions thrown at me by multiple people, mostly from Illinois residents, some women some kids.... "Why do you have a gun... and are you a police officer?" was no 1 on the most asked list....

So not wanting to be defensive I dropped into the "to keep family and people like you safe... How the elderly and women basically have a huge bulls eye on them, are primary targets for perverts ..... and the every day dangers that are out there.... add story of time someone tried to rob me and the HK changed their mind real fast.... how every woman should get training and carry a gun, how I made sure the wife n daughters went for (arranged classes, paid for, bought them guns) their CCW before I had mine.... how the MI CCW gives the wearer specific rights to OC is some forbidden areas" basically the exchange was very positive and they were receptive, what I would refer to as a political win win for our side.....

Jack House

There are clubs for pyros?
0410.png